My History

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The day actually started for us at Aunt Shirley's house in Eagle Mountain.

My dear Grandma Carmen, PaPa and Grandma Luella came all the way from New Mexico for Corey and Cal's graduation party.
The next week after the party my Great Grandma Luella (that's right folks my Great... meaning Jack and Aly have a Great Great still alive and kickin'!) was turning 92 the following week so Aunt Shir thought it would be fun to have a surprise birthday party for her in the morning. The extended fam gathered for a lovely visit and yummy breakfast.

As you can see I only have three shots from the whole event. Nice. Would you like to know why?

I was somewhat distracted by all the tears flowing! Mostly from me... but a few others as well, as I announced to everyone our news that we would be relocating to Illinois.

I wanted to tell everyone in the morning visit so that I could have my cry out and enjoy the graduation party in the evening.

And have my cry out I did.

I love my extended fam. Like really love them.
Whit decided not to cry at Shir's house but told me later she had it out in the car on the way home despite the fact that she had already resigned herself to the fact that we were leaving before we had the official word which came on Friday.
I was such a mess talking to Cal about the move and some other current events from them that I had to take a little moment in Corey's arms to recover. I'm so glad we had the little get together in the morning. Besides getting my cry over with it was great to catch up with people. We had never even met Karen and Chris' new baby! He's 7 months old now for Pete's sake! We weren't going to go what with all the other party preparation that needed to happen, but Corey and I were both so so happy that we did.

No comments: