My History

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I stayed with Alaster and only left his side to go home and shower. Corey stayed with us as much as he could, balancing his time between Jack and coming to the hospital... a big 'thank you,' to Cal and Whit/The Larsens for watching Jack so Corey could come be with us. It was a long 3 days having our family split apart.
I sure missed Corey and Jack, but I do admit that I loved having so much one on one time with Alaster.
It's a strange thing.
I would never wish my child pain, but I admit I love caring for them when they feel like that.
I slept in an incredibly uncomfortable bed by Alaster's side and I positioned myself so when I went to sleep if I needed to check on him I wouldn't have to sit up, I could just look through the hole:
Usually I didn't need to look though. The smell was enough to let me know it was time to get up.
He spent his awake time being sick, watching his favorite movies, and snuggling.
Most the time though... he was sleeping:


Finally he started to feel better... and it happened seriously in the nick of time. We got home on Tuesday and drove to Illinois Wednesday afternoon. I've never been so excited about him eating and drinking. I'll never forget when he finally asked for something to eat. Do you want to know what he asked for?
"Pa Pa?!?"
Pasta. Oh baby boy. I love you!
I ordered him things that I thought he would eat and that would be calming on his tummy. I was right about most of it and for an hour I let him order me around.
I want that mommy... but use the fork not the spoon. Okay I think I want that now... oh wait... nope... I just want to smell it... okay a lick of that now... can I put my car in that? Yes? Cool. Now I want a bite of that. Yummm!
It was adorable. He finally was able to hydrate himself enough that they let him go home. By the time we left he was even feeling up to playing with some toys! Cool!
He looks a little better there. No?!?

No comments: