My History

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Okay, now let's talk about our hotel.
We stayed at the Regency Hyatt. It was superb! We have never been treated so well... ever. Everyone who worked there was unbelievably helpful and friendly. The room was very comfy, and we felt very spoiled indeed!
After our walk back to the hotel we called the boys to check in. They were not actually interested in talking to us when they were having so much fun with Gram and Grampa!
Corey and I didn't think we'd miss them at all, but guess what? We did!

The rest of the night we spent blissfully just being together. I was still hungry (amazing but true) so we raided the gift shop and ordered pizza (be ye warned... Saint Louis uses Provolone instead of Mozzarella. It was fun to eat something different, but we both prefer Mozzarella.)
We watched Tangled (SO cute! Have you seen it?)
We played.
We talked some more.
We stayed up late, late, late reconnecting and soaking up each moment of being best friends and lovers.
We kept saying "we need to do this again!"
(this was our first trip away alone together since our honeymoon seven years ago!)
We made grand plans for the morning which never actually came to pass since Corey was pretty sick (he had a nasty cold), and I didn't sleep well due to the fact that I am not actually used to sleeping with another person in my bed. Sad. True.
Anyway the end result was that we were lazy and slept in... then took our time getting ready in the morning.
Our stay included a fabulous breakfast buffet... and I do mean fabulous. It wasn't your typical muffin and cereal bar. OH no. There was a fancy chef with an omelette station cooking it up exactly to your specifications right before your eyes in clarified butter. There were fancy pastries... delectable fruit... a belgian waffle station... eggs any way you like them... hashed browns, sausages and bacon... cereal (who on earth would choose THAT I'm not sure)... and pretty much anything your little heart could desire! And you were still seated and had a waitress who brought your drinks and anything else you needed...
I'm getting hungry. I'm going to stop.
Can you tell that I completely indulged during this trip? Like completely... didn't hold back at all... got exactly what I wanted without regard for health in the least.
It was fun, I'm not gonna lie.



Upon leaving the hotel we made our way over to the Saint Louis temple which was the perfect way to end the trip. I had packed us a lunch and we ate it on the way home to our boys.
We were glad to get back to them, but extremely sad to get back to real life.
Thank you Ed and Cindy!
That was the best Christmas gift EVER!

7 comments:

Jenika said...

You guys are so cute! I'm glad you did this too! I love all the photos.

katers said...

SO SO FUN!!! I'm glad you guys got some much needed time away together.

I must say, even the pictures of going up to the top of the arch were enough to make me say I'd stay with my little chicken feet planted firmly on the ground. Call me a party pooper if you must. HOLY COW! But what a fun experience to have.

Also, I totally know what you mean about missing the kids; I'm such a baby I cry every time we leave ours. Even for just a day, (yes even to have a baby). I always enjoy the time alone with Brandon, but I almost don't know what to do without 4 little people pulling on me all day. ;)

And I'm so sad for you that you don't regularly get to enjoy having your husband sleep next to you. I hope someday you get to where you can get used to it and enjoy it!

Glad you guys had a fun trip!!

Paige said...

What a fun trip. I am chicken about leaving our kids for even a night and think I would think about them and worry about them to the point of not having as much fun as a trip should carry but I think I am just being paranoid and Ry and I need to get out just the two of us for a few days. It looked so fun, relaxing, and definitely like a good time reliving (for a short time) the childless times. Fun, Fun.

deemom said...

THIS type of get away is absolutely a NECESSITY..... BEGGING AND BORROWING AND ALL BUT STEALING.... get away at least overnight and prefferably 2 nights all your married life at least once a year. WE DID and we are still best friends and the kids are grown and not everyone can say that!!!!! love aunt deedee

coryshay said...

What a great trip! I"m so glad you guys got to splurge and enjoy yourselves and eat everything you wanted to! Your posts made me hungry. I'm going to get something to eat.

Cal and Whit said...

I Love it. I love the pics and I especially love the one of you and Corey at the end. What a fun little get a way!

Cal and Whit said...

p.s. I love your hot pink nails! love em!