My History

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Carving Pumpkins

Carving pumpkins was our Sunday Evening Activity this week. Jack helped take the guts out of the pumpkin and Corey and I both carved. Jack thought the guts were "pretty yucky," so he only pulled out a little. Oddly enough, even though he thought they were yucky we got him to taste some :)

Do you believe this smile? I don't.

Corey Carved a very traditional, happy jack-o-lantern


While I went for something on the scary side...(Doesn't take much to scare me though)


We had fun, and I think they turned out cute. Jack liked it okay I guess at first, but when we told him we were going to light candles in them that's when he got truly interested. We have lit them every night this week when it gets dark. I think we will keep doing it until Halloween or until the pumpkins rot, whichever comes first because he loves it so much.

2 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

oh, so cute. How fun! I love the plate rack in your pic, that is so darling! I also love how excited Jack got about the candles! If only he was still calling them ta ta's. Dang! Such a cute post!

coryshay said...

cute pumpkins!!