My History

Friday, March 21, 2008

Jack is THREE!

Here are some pictures of Jack's special day :) I felt weird about this birthday. It was very unbelieveable, but believable at the same time. It's crazy to think that he is already three, just 15 short years left with him before he leaves our house...sob sob. But at the same time I am so proud of him, and I am so happy at how he has grown and developed that it's not surprising, it's just exciting to see him get bigger. Perhaps some of you other parents understand that feeling.

In the morning we took Alaster to a neighbors house, and we took Jack to his VERY FIRST MOVIE! So exciting! He had never been to the theatre before and he thought it was way cool. We saw Horton Hears a Who. It was nice to have some special one-on-one time with him too where he got to do something just with mom and dad like a big boy.

Here he is with Corey at the poster outside the theatre. He was very much preoccupied looking at a bug that was on it.



Here we are in our seats. He didn't last in the seat very long though. He wanted to go to the bathroom (I think he thought the rest of the theatre was so cool... he HAD to see if the bathrooms were too... don't worry he was super impressed) and when we came back he stood up to watch the rest of the show.




Halloween time again already? Nope. That is Jack sporting his presents from mom and dad. I can't believe the love of Harry has lasted this long, but it made for easy present choices. He was thrilled to get Harry Potter robes of his very own (the look on his face when he saw what they were almost made me cry I was so happy that he was so happy), also we got him a new wand (one can never have too many), a Harry Potter action figure, a Hogwarts scarf, and we let him wear Corey's tie that looks like a Hogwarts tie.



That night we had Cal and Whit, and Casey and Christine (If I am spelling that wrong I am so sorry!) over for cake. Here is Jack blowing out the candles, and hanging out with his guests.






When Jack was little Cal bought him a onesie that says "My Uncle Loves Me." Alaster fits in it now so that night we got a picture :)



Another Aly pic that I wanted to show was a bib Gram and Grampa Burton sent. It was not just Jack's birthday but also Aly's first Saint Patrick's Day! Wahoo!



Here are some pictures of Jack enjoying presents from the family. I have to mention first though that I did a bad job of taking pictures and so some presents got left out, but thanks to everyone!

Jack playing with his "truck-a-pillar," from Cal and Whit:



The look on his face when he opened the COOLEST pirate ship from Gram and Grandpa Burton (pirates are another phase that is lasting a LONG time... I don't mind at all, I'm just surprised)



ps- Ed and Cindy he has had SO much fun playing with this. We keep discovering new things that the ship does. It's way cool!

Also Ed and Cindy sent Harry Potter and Cars birthday cards. You would never know how much a kid would love to just carry pictures with him, but the Harry Potter card has gone to bed with him a few nights since his birthday, and he carries both of those birthday cards, and also the pirates card he got from them for Valentines Day around. They have a permanent spot on the bookshelf so he can go look whenever he wants. The Harry card played music which he loved...



The Larsens gave him these spiderman pajamas, and he was just overjoyed when he put them on. "Look Mom! There's spiders on me! So COOL! And red and yellow and blue too!"



Also I just wanted to mention thanks to Casey and Christine for his gun... he hasn't even lost all the disks yet (which is amazing because he plays with it all the time)! And to Aunt Dee Dee... who I cannot believe in all the times we have seen you lately I haven't taken a picture with you and the boys. She had us over for dinner the night before Jack's birthday and had cute cupcakes, and a cute present for him. Thanks for all the help with babysitting too! We love you! Next time we see you I need a PICTURE!!!

All in all it was a great birthday. I think/hope he had a good one. There's nothing like seeing your child happy. It does a momma's heart good :)

3 comments:

coryshay said...

Oh, what a fun birthday!! What a great little boy you two have!! And how fun to go to the movie theatre for the very first time! (How was the movie? It looks good) And I always love pics of Ally's cute little cheeks! Happy Birthday, Jack! And a big "Stupefy!" right back atcha... :)

Amberlin Gefrom said...

so cute and I can't believe he's 3!

Brooke said...

oh I love that harry potter outfit! to die for!!!! happy happy birthday jack.