
Can I just tell you all how much we love our Alaster? He is like a ray of sunshine around here. Always ready with a smile, content and sweet. I don't know what we would do without our Mr. O'Maley. Here are the updates on our little guy:
#1 He has a tooth of his very own! He has been working on it for weeks and it is finally in! Yay!
#2 He is SMART! How do I know this? He has started to do things that I ask him to. It's so fun to see that he understands. With his toys he will respond when I ask him to shake or bang them. In the Jump Up he will jump or spin on demand.
He shakes his whole arm to tell people hi (Sometimes accompanied by the sound AIIII!), and then to say bye-bye he holds his hand up and does the open and close thing with his fist. He has recently started to tell me "No." with his head if I am doing something he doesn't like. He will shake it back and forth at me. Also he can do "SO High!" and he reaches his arms up high to the sky.
Also I think it is smart of him that he has learned without me teaching him that in the bathtub to avoid water coming down his face he tips his head back, and when I am taking his shirts off he knows to put his head down. (Jack still won't do those things!)
We for sure knows that he understands a lot of what we say too. We tried to teach him "dada," and then in the middle of dinner he looked at Corey and waved his arm and said "AIIII, dadada." It was precious.
Lastly the other night he woke up crying and I went in to try and give him his binki, and I was looking all around in the crib for it and finally when I asked "Aly where did your binki go!?!" He rolled over on his side and craned his head to look where he had been laying... and there it was!
#3 He has started to try and crawl/walk. It's true though that he would MUCH rather practice walking. He likes to hold on to the side of the couch and coffee table, and also hold my fingers and waddle around. SO CUTE! He doesn't like his belly, but sometimes he gets SO close to crawling. One of these days it is just going to click and he'll get it.
#4 Alaster LOVES food. He takes every new flavor and texture with ease. He has only made one funny face where he obviously was shocked by it and that was with steamed broccoli. He still ate it though so that's good.
#5 I'll just end with two little things he does that writing it down won't do it justice but they are things that Corey and I LOVE. My favorite thing that he does (and he has done this since he was a new born) is that he will suck on his own lips. Sometimes it;s just like a bottle in his mouth only his lips will come in... he has done it if a binki or a bottle come out of his mouth, and also sometimes just out of the blue. No matter what is happening if he starts doing it I drop EVERYthing and just look at him so quiet and try not to interupt it because if he sees me he smiles and it stops.
Corey's favorite thing that he does is when he is sitting on the kitchen floor. He will spin himself around in circles. Imagine his legs in the butterfly position and he will move one leg slightly out to the side and then move the other leg to catch up with him. End result? Circles. He does this to see what everyone is doing in the kitchen or to try and reach a new toy. So cute!
Now some pictures that I have had for a while that never really fit into any other posts I've done:





Isn't that one cute? Sometimes Corey will take him and have him pop around corners to surprise me. So cute! One time they were outside together and Jack and I were at the kitchen table when all the sudden Alaster popped up from the bottom of the window to look in and smile at us. It was so funny :)

Well that's the updates on Mr. O'Maley. We love you kiddo!
4 comments:
Ash! He is absolutely adorable!! I think he looks just like you! which would explain his cuteness.
What a doll!! I need to meet this little guy. I LOVE the peeking around the corner picture. Too funny! :)
What a cutie!! I only hope Jocelyn is half as cute as your little guy! I especially love the one of him peering around the corner...the kids going to have personality that's for sure! And thanks for telling me about Wicked!! I had no idea, but I have to go now!
he is such a cute kidlet! and Im totally with you on the were all doomed earthquake thing! seriously if you dont call or email me to play your in trouble! I wanna do your ballet pictures still 2 :) did you ever see our personal blog? did i invite you yet?
Post a Comment