
ALASTER

Oh how we love our little ray of sunshine Alaster! July was a BIG month for him. He turned the Big #1!!! Yay! A separate post about that to come... In addition to turning one he has had a lot going on in his little life. I told my Grandpa last week if I could freeze Alaster at this stage in his life, even if I had to put up with his drool, and poopy diapers forever I would totally do it. He is so much fun! Here is the latest from the little man:
#1: He is WALKING! Yay for him! He started walking this past month and it has really taken off! At first he walked in a diagonal because I think he developed his muscles weirdly with his funny crawl. He has straightened up now though and gets around really well. Sometimes a little too well... I have to watch him carefully. Exhibit A:

Not only can he walk, he is the most OBEDIENT little walker in town! I can tell him "Aly come this way," and 99 times out of 100 he will come. Also, even if he comes to me crying, if I am busy and need to stall I can say "Baby go get me a book," or "baby, go get me your binki." and he stops crying looks at me and then turns around to go get whatever I asked him for, then he brings it back. It's really sweet.
#2: He has turned in to a bit of a momma's boy. His favorite place is right on my lap. Most recently it is so we can read books together. He goes to the book shelf, grabs what he wants, brings it over to show me with a big smile on his face, and then turns around and backs into me until he is plopped on my lap.
One thing that is not so cute about being a momma's boy is that he lately doesn't like it when I am holding Jack. If Jack needs a little snuggle and he was just toddling around somewhere, when he sees us together he starts crying and reaching out to me, and he even comes over and tries to push Jack off me with his hands or by scooting his bum into him trying to take his place. It has only happened when he is tired, and I'm hoping that goes away soon. All the other momma's boy things I really don't mind :)

(okay so he doesn't actually look like he loves me in that picture, but it was the only one I had of us!)
#3: Alaster is a big imitator. I don't think he knows what he is doing or why, but he sees us doing it so he does it too. When I put him in the bath he starts rubbing his hands all over his belly and arms. He picks up the phone and puts it to his head and starts gibbering. This week I was doing laundry and emptying the washer into the dryer and he watched me, then went and got some clothes to add into the dryer too. He has learned how to sword fight with Jack which is hilarious. The sword is at least 2 times his length and he will chase Jack around with it and swish it back and forth at him. It's just little things but it makes me smile.
And this has nothing to do with imitating, but we have finally found a spot to tickle him on that he actually enjoys. It is right on his collar bones. He loves it!
#4: He is working on 2 more teeth. This kid takes forever to grow his teeth! Is it normal for teeth to take 4 full weeks to fully come in? He really just finished the bottom two and we have seen his teeth on the bottom for two weeks and they are just slowly creeping in. I'd say they are about half way through now.
#5: He sits at the big table with us now. I don't know why I get such a kick out of this but I really do. Isn't he cute?

He continues to love to eat in general. He throws quite a fit if he's not being fed. Just ask Aunt Dee Dee what happened when we tried to take this popsicle away from him. Not pretty.

okay one last thing... he has discovered his nostrels. It was pretty funny to watch him stick his finger in and out of it like "Wow! I never knew that was there!"
3 comments:
I have loved all your updates! Your boys are adorable! I wish we still lived close so that Sam and Jack could play! I'm glad you all are doing well and that Corey is in his last year! Yea!
oh he is so adorable!! It was so fun to see you and the boys the other day! Thanks for making the treck down when you're so busy!
Ashlee, your boys are SO adorable! ...And look how shiny your hair is! You're just as exquisite as when I met you.
Post a Comment