My History

Monday, September 8, 2008

Darndest Things

Ah we have reached the blessed stage where Jack can say most anything his little mind dreams up, but he has not yet acquired the ability to know when it may not be the most appropriate thing to say. Hence... a few "darndest things":

"Woah. Big Bum." Said kind of matter of factly to a family member of mine (name withheld) as they bent over to work in the garden. Thankfully this family member laughed it off easily and reassured me that they loved the innocence of youth. It has since become a funny saying at their house. Anyone bends over and they say "Woah, Big bum."

(be sure to say this one in a sweet voice like you were talking to a baby) "OH! That man had a BABY in his belly!" Said just out of earshot of a rather rotund Costco worker (whew... dodged a bullet)

"It was just a toot mom." said in a kind of exasperated voice. This came just seconds after Core and I said "Jack!" When he tooted flamboyantly for the store worker at a T-Mobile Store.

Good times.

5 comments:

coryshay said...

Thanks for the chuckle!! I always enjoy a good Jack story!

coryshay said...

ps I tagged you

Amberlin Gefrom said...

hahahahahahaha YES!! wait...Ash my husband says things like that.....kids are great.

Stephanie said...

That is so great. What a cute little boy. Your last post shows me just how amazing you are and how devoted you are to being a mom. You are a good example of finding joy in motherhood!

Cal and Whit said...

He is so DARLING! What a little cutie. I love it! ps I am loving the new look of your blog. So cute!