My History

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Value of a Good Fort

Do you ever feel that you are out of touch with your children? Have the past two weeks racked you with guilt over the abnormally large work load that has taken precious time away from being with them? Perhaps you could benefit by a morning filled with the adventures of a good old fashioned FORT!





There are many things that make a fort valuable:

They are a place of safety where the bad guys can't reach you. Occasionally though you should get out of the fort to check and see if they are still there, then RUN back screaming if you find some.

Everyday activities are more fun in a fort. Eating Ritz crackers and Cantaloupe is much more fun in a fort than at the table. SCREAMING at the top of your lungs is much more fun inside a fort than out. Even loves can be more fun in a fort. You may find that a normally stingy-with-kisses baby gets inspired and kisses you at least 20 times of their own free will!





Forts are great for providing a place to play with your flashlights! Imagine... Dark in the middle of the DAY!!!

5 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

Oh My Goodness! So fun, and those pics are so adorable! I love it!

Pokemon said...

What a fun fort and what a fun Mom! So I check your blog every so often and I figured it was about time I left a comment. I have to say I just love your posts about Jack's prayers. What a good boy! I hope you are doing well!

-Paige

3+Love~aki=Us said...

Forts are AWESOME! Those are some goodtimes. Caroline and I need to build one sometime. Good to see that you're making the memories!

Rebecca said...

Ashlee, you are the best mom ever!

coryshay said...

what a great tip!! I love Aly's cheeks!