My History

Monday, November 24, 2008

Froot Loop FHE


Tonight's Family Home Evening was about Thanksgiving (original eh?)
We talked to Jack about what it means to be thankful, why we say "thank you," and how we have so much to be thankful about because Heavenly Father has blessed us so much.

For a fun game we used "treat cereal." (froot loops... let's face it they really are a treat not a breakfast) We put some in a bowl and we took turns coming up with things that we are thankful for and why, then we got to take out a fruit loop and eat it. Jack was VERY into this game, and I hope it helped him understand being thankful a little bit more.

Jack said he was thankful for:

Pajamas
Pants and Lions
AFRICA!!!
(He said that one at the top of his lungs and laughed his head off after)
Cars -so we can ride in them
Feet- so we can walk
Hair
Cereal
etc.

He seemed to actually think before he said something, and was very sweet and sincere about a lot of things that he said.

One round Corey said he was thankful for Jack and Alaster. It was Jack's turn next and he turned to Corey and said "You are thankful for me?!?" Obviously very flattered. Then he turned and pointed to me and said "I am thankful for YOU!" and I asked why, to which he responded "Because I love you!"

Fun FHE all the way around. I am thankful for my funny little family.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

cute idea! I'll have to try that with my little boys. Funny about the Peppermint ice cream thing. :) I would say you are very pepperminty too. :)Isn't it funny that we remember things like that.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

You are such a great parent, you and Cory. And yes I do remember that game and gosh dangit now I am trying to remember the name of it and its going to bug me all day at work until I think of it! :-) Thanks for sharing

Stephanie said...

You have such cute pictures of your kids! Looks like they have a lot of fun with you. I agree Fruit Loops are more a treat than a 'complete' breakfast.