My History

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday Fun

Saturday was stinking awesome. Corey took the whole day off of work for an anticipated date with yours truly that evening. In the morning we played and ran errands with the boys. Gram and Grampa Burton sent the boys a cute Halloween Card with some money for ice cream. We decided we would let Jack choose what kind of treat he wanted. Answer: SODA and some food. So Soda and some food we got.

Yumm. Jimmy Johns!

For a class at school Corey had to go see three performances. We decided at least one of them we should make a date for the two of us. We went to see the University's production of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing."

Here we are looking gorgeous:

Okay maybe not gorgeous, but I really did try to look cute. Cindy sent me that pretty sweater that I am wearing a few weeks ago when I was going through a rough time. (Sweet huh?!?) and that got me started. All week I have been thinking about how to do my hair... what kind of make up I would wear... accessories... the works. I have been all anticipation and excitement looking forward to a night with my love. My hair was totally uncooperative so it's kind of just plain jane, but I bought a necklace and some red lipstick (a first for me and I LIKED it!) for the event.

We were slightly nervous when we saw the set:

But actually... it fit very well in a western theme. Who'd have thunk? They didn't change any of the lines... just put it in a different time period. It was actually quite hillarious and definitely a fun show.

We arrived pretty early though so we thought (well I thought... and convinced Corey... he thought we'd get thrown out!... He was wrong.) we'd do a silly photo shoot in our seats. Here are the best ones:

Corey calls this crazy Ashlee. I do look a little CRAZED huh?!?:

Serious theatre goers:

Not so serious theatre goers:





It was a magical evening. We were so silly, and I felt like we were dating again. I was all nervous about how he would like my new look... and he was such a gentleman the whole evening...it was fantastic. Thank you Corey! I love you!

3 comments:

coryshay said...

You guys are so cute... even in the silly photos!

Cal and Whit said...

I totally thought that I commented on this. Hooray for date night and red lipstick!! Your necklace is darling too!

Melinda said...

I love the red lipstick, and I think all the thought you put into your look paid off. You do look gorgeous!