My History

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Bit of A SuperHero Thing

For the past couple of weeks Jack has had a bit of a SuperHero thing. His favorite superheroes?
Batman and Superman.
Here he is arrayed in the original Batman Costume:

Don't you love kid's creativity? An Incredibles shirt ("no mom, call it my costume), cargo shorts ( "no mom, their my superhero shorts"), a belt ("this is my superhero belt!"), and rainboots ("mom I told you, these are my superhero boots!") Corey made the mask, but he didn't use it for very long.

After he wore that for three days straight I insisted on a wash so some other "costumes," were created after that.

Here is his classic superman move:




At target yesterday he was being Batman and swinging from his web (sometimes he gets the story lines confused) and he got a lot of laughs from the shoppers.
Also yesterday he decided the whole family should be superheroes. He was Batman, I was Bat-girl, and Aly was Bat-baby (or sometimes the bad guy). Daddy was superman.
I think my favorite thing about this phase is how he gets into character and doesn't let up. When he's Batman he insists on being called Batman, by everyone. Even strangers who say "What a cute little boy!" to me... not to him. He'll pipe up and say "No, I'm Batman... sorry."

1 comment:

Cal and Whit said...

Such cute pics of your little Super Hero! I love how you made the last three pics colored! Very cute! Also, I like the festive look to your blog too!