I'm really regretting that I haven't been blogging these activities as they happened. I'm so over-loaded with things I need to put up that I have to consolidate. I'm long-winded and consolidation is not natural for me so wish me luck. Anyway...
Pictures in this collage include:
**A gingerbread house we made the Sunday before Christmas - Thanks Aunt Dee for the kit!!**
**The boys in their Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve**
**Cookies we made for Santa on Christmas Eve, and everything laid out for Christmas Morning**
**Pictures from 2 Special Christmas FHE's**
The week before Christmas we had one about the importance of sharing our means with other people. I made a story board (anyone know where to get an old-school felt board?) and used pictures that I got online to make up a story about a family didn't have food and how they prayed and Heavenly Father loved them so he sent someone that he had blessed to have food to go and share... something along those lines.
We talked to the boys about how we have been so blessed and how we need to share with those who don't have. Then we took them to the grocery store and let them help pick out food that we donated to the food bank. Jack was adorable about picking out food, and you could tell by some of the things that he said that his little heart felt for the kids who didn't have things like he did. It was sweet.
The other FHE we saved for Christmas Eve. We talked about the best gift that Heavenly Father ever gave to the world. We wrapped up a new picture of Christ for their room (it's in the top left hand corner of the collage... the one we had before wasn't framed and it was starting to get kind of shabby) and then had Jack open it. We read John 3:16 and sang "God Loved Us So He Sent His Son." Then we told the Christmas story using the Bible and a nativity scene. I was really glad that we had waited to do FHE that week until Christmas Eve. It was nice to talk about Christ in addition to Santa. The spirit in our home felt really good.

4 comments:
I am so impressed with your FHE's and how well you do with teaching your children about Christ. They are so lucky! I don't really sew. I made Benjamin a baby blanket, sheet, and bumper pads. I help out with BYU costumes every now and then, but not enough to call myself a sewer. Joseph's shirt really doesn't look good upclose. Good luck with Corey's last semester. Yeah!!!
so cute!! I just want to borrow them for awhile!
that pic of the boys on the couch is adorable!
Oh Ashlee you and Corey are doing such a great job. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
WE loved the pictures and the fun on Christmas night
the boys were so precious. Love aunt deedee
Post a Comment