My History

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Hillarium

Instead of doing a billion posts I opted to make a few collages to show Christmas Day. It was such a wonderful day for us. We hope it was for you too! You'll have to excuse all the pictures of the new toys... we always feel so bad that Corey's parents don't get to watch the boys open their presents so we took tons of pictures to show them.

The pictures in the collage above are all from Christmas Morning. Corey and I woke to hearing Jack in the living room. When we came out he was just looking at all the splendor and the first thing he said was "What is THAT?!?" referring to the tee pee that Uncle Tyler had gotten the boys at the covered bridge festival this year. After we explained he was just looking around so happily at everything and we said something like "Santa came huh Jack?!?" And he turned around to look at us and got the sweetest look on his face and said "Thank you!" and ran over and gave me the biggest hug.


When we were opening stockings (I hadn't thought to grab the camera yet) Jack knew that daddy had been responsible for the contents in his (Santa doesn't do the stockings around here... we do them for each other... it's part of our traditions) and the first thing he pulled out was a SODA!!! I thought he was going to cry he was so happy and he ran over to Corey and said another sincere "Thank you!" and gave him the biggest hug. It was very sweet. We like to take our time on Christmas morning. We open things slow and play with them as we go. We stopped half way through to eat breakfast and then continued opening after that. When we were all done we made a call to the family in Illinois to thank them for their wonderful gifts and to wish them a Merry Christmas.


Collage #1 Pictures include:

Alaster and his two favorite new pluffies (a dog from Gram and Grampa Burton, and a bear from Daddy)

Jack hugging a hooded frog towel... of all things. He was SO excited about that. Corey with new shoes from his parents Alaster stealing a bite of my Lucky Charms (we resurrected a tradition that I had growing up this year. My mom sometimes would buy Cal and I sugary cereals that we were never allowed to have on a normal basis. One year I got a princess cereal and I think it was my favorite gift that year)

Jack and his new best friend Batman. We thought we were getting Jack a new toy... oh no... we got him a new best friend... I will have to do a post soon detailing the amazing adventures they have together.

A picture frame that Corey got me which I LOVE. It is a silly face frame and we are ONLY allowed to put pictures of our family being silly in it. Cute idea huh?!? Corey got a gold star for that idea. Jack arrayed in his new Peter Pan costume. He did get a dagger too... but it wasn't in any pictures.

No comments: