Last week Jack had his first trip to the Dentist. Corey and I were just wild with anticipation as to what our Jack would do. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best, I was NOT expecting him to have this look on his face the whole time:
But that's what it was. He wouldn't look at anyone right in the eyes, and he was very evasive when asked questions. Only when the nurses stepped out for a minute would he let himself become curious about the whole experience:
The dental assistant was AWESOME! So good with kids. Even though Jack was pretending she wasn't there I could tell he was listening to her, and he did everything she asked without complaints and only speaking when forced. She let him see how everything worked, and let him touch it all before she started doing anything. He let her clean his teeth! This was pretty amazing to me. A year ago I garauntee it would have been a fight to the death to get him to agree to this, but in just a years time his personality has changed quite a bit. He submitted and even helped clear the spit out as you can see:
I was most impressed that they also got him to clamp those big huge plastic things in his mouth so they could get x-rays of his teeth. The Dentist was very complimentary to Jack and told him that most of his first-timers can't do that part!
I think it may have had to do a little with the fact that he has a picture of an x-rayed hand at home that he is constantly looking at, wondering about, and making up stories with. When I told him that he could get an x-ray picture of his teeth at the dentist he was pretty stoked. I think if they had told him he had to kiss an aligator to get those pictures he would have done it.
Here he is holding his prizes they awarded him at the end for being such a good boy:
He was exceedingly proud and guess what?
No cavities!
3 comments:
Way to go Jack!!
What a grown up boy! He is adorable, Ashlee. I am so excited that I found your blog (I was reading Jen's and happily came upon yours)...you are such a talented writer and I must confess that I couldn't stop reading your posts once I started. It makes me happy to read about the joy you have found in being a wife and a mother and about your outlook on life. Thank you!!
Oh My Gosh! How adorable. I love the pic where he is checking things out, and the one at the end. We love that Jack. Wahoo for no cavities!
Post a Comment