Corey's birthday, #28 woot woot!, was this past Wednesday. It started out just fine. I let him sleep in (no school) and awoke him with the sweet aroma of an un-healthified coffee cake. The boys and I gathered round to sing and express our love.
It was all just lovely let me assure you... but it quickly turned into what can only be described as a cesspool of stupid.
Moments after the coffee cake was eaten I got a work call which landed me closed up in our bedroom for 2 hours working on that really stressful situation that I alluded to in a previous post. Corey enjoyed the time with the boys of course but this was not what we had planned. When I was done working I came out anxious and stressed about it all and was far from the happy go lucky-let's make all your birthday dreams come true-kind of wife that I want to be.
Then the poor guy had to go to work, his favorite place on earth, with no dinner because our morning routine had been thrown off and there was no time to prepare it, where he promptly got the worst headache he has had in quite some time.
Happy Slappy Birthday to you Corey.
Well this would just not do. I needed to act. This called for a Birthday Do-Over!
After work on Saturday he came home and we had some delicious mulit-veggie loaded wraps for dinner. I did not even complain when he didn't want spinach on his and I bought him real live actual turkey sandwhich meat (a treat he has not had since november I believe). He loved 'em.
After dinner I went to pick up the sitter and off we went! Here we are at the dollar movies:
We party-hardied all night long! Actually we were only out till 9:30 but it was wonderful. We just wanted to be alone together having fun and be able to forget about life for a minute. We didn't talk about Grad School or my job once. Coming home to the children already snug in their beds so we could continue hanging out at home was such a nice treat. I wanted to do something fancy with him for his special day but as we sat on the couch talking and laughing I remembered that it doesn't really matter what we do. It's just being together and enjoying each other that counts.
We can't wait for the summer. No school! We have major plans I tell you what...
Happy Birthday do-over Honey! I love you!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Corey! We are only a few days apart. It's so fun to come home to sleeping babies so the fun can continue. I've missed you guys.
You guys are so cute! I love those special no-kids night outs! By the way, those recipes look delish! Please post.
I'm glad you guys got a do-ver! Also, we are having veggie wraps this week due to this delicious looking picture!
Post a Comment