At the Luebcke's house:
Ed had just gotten home the night before from San Fransisco. He was there on business. At the conference he attended they gave all the people the way cool hat you see atop Jack's head. He calls it "My Electricity Hat." I tried really hard but never could get a shot when he had the hat, goggles and a cape on. It was awesome.
It rained all day... like ALLLLLL day, which was kind of a bummer but it honestly didn't interrupt our plans much. We still went to the parade.
Crown Point is adorable. SUCH a charming place. Real small town America you know? When we go back I hope it's not so rainy and we have a chance to take a closer look. Ed and Cindy both grew up there, in fact Cindy's sister Missy lives in the house that they grew up in. They moved there when Cindy was 11.
The parade was also small towny-adorable. No massive, glittering floats, but there was: LOTS of candy being thrown, a great civil war reenactment... General Lee even pulled a Yankee out of the audience and shot him!... horses, motorcycles etc. It was great! Jack watched the whole dang thing from his seat it was so entertaining. In the top-right hand corner you can see Jack's cute little cupped hand waving timidly to someone in the parade.
Alaster is a different story. The kid was CRAZY!!! Something about missing his nap and the rain I think went to his head. He spent a large chunk of time in the wagon with Ed watching over him as he would jump up in the air, pull his legs out from under him and "SPLOP!" in the wagon. He also played ball and did other activities with Grampa.
The Parade was Fun Fun!
After the parade we headed home where the boys played with the girls (and their boys) in the basement while the adults chatted happily upstairs.
Jack had so much fun playing with KIDS (which hasn't happened much since we got here) that he was QUITE upset about leaving. So upset I couldn't even be mad at him. It was just sad.
He slept on the way home and I vowed to find him more kids to play with... which I have.
At home we had some late night Monacles Pizza and went to BED.
The End.

2 comments:
I better not let Brandon read this, or he'll want to move there! (Or maybe I should) It sounds so nice!
What a fun 4th of July! I almost wonder if rain is better than boiling hot! It looks like you guys had a blast, and those rice krispy treats are so cute! I may have to steal that idea some time!
Post a Comment