My History

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For the 4th we drove to Crown Point, Indiana where Cindy's sister Missy and her family live.
This is their backyard, well part of it anyway:

Cute huh?!? They have recently done a LOT of work back there, and it looks great! Ruthie (10) did such a great job entertaining the boys before dinner. She even made Jack a treasure map! Ruthie is the youngest in her family and she enjoyed getting to be the one who took the lead. Jack and Aly both loved her!

Missy is a garage-sale-queen and she found the boys some awesome toys! When we got to their house there were books, a talking Elmo, and some fun things for outside. Behold... the FISH:

I want one! The Luebcke's went all out to prepare for the boys. Missy had yogurt tubes, crackers, applesauce, juice etc. all that she had picked out for them! We thought they were so sweet!
In this picture you can see another great garage sale find... a shopping cart! Since bringing them home the boys have had so much fun with the cart and the fish.
Also in that picture you can see my patriotic red lip-stick. I totally forgot to put more on after dinner so the rest of the day I was plain. Sad.

This is Hannah:

She played her violin for us and we also got to meet her BOY!!! He was so nice. We all heartily approve!

I didn't get any pictures at dinner which is a shame! It was yummy!

After dinner Sarah and Hannah showed me pictures from the movie "Public Enemies," that was filmed in Crown Point at the jailhouse where I guess in history he actually did stay. (that was a poorly phrased sentence) Crown Point is incy wincy and that movie coming there was front page news! Literally... they showed it to me. They had put together a really cute little scrapbook about it. I got to look at it and listen to their stories. Apparently Johnny Depp is short. They had friends who wanted to be extras but they couldn't because there was a height restriction... they wanted him to look taller. Sarah shook his hand and told me they were silky soft and that he was missing some teeth.

Who knew?

No comments: