My History

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ed Loves Me and BIG NEWS

Last night after I hung up the phone with my dear friend Emily and was reading "The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey," Ed approached me with a gift.
He set up a lap top just for me so that I could resume blogging in my normal fashion.
How nice was that?!?
I wanted to cry (if you knew how busy Ed is, and how much they have done for us you would too) but I held it together.
I now plan on catching you up for real.
I'll be blogging so much you'll think I'm ridiculous, but I think my family at least will appreciate it.
First Item of Importance, I would like to announce some Big News:

Calvin and Whitney, my favorite people in all the land, are ADOPTING


Cal and Whit are the best people in the world.

Period.

The end.

The Best...

as in there is no one better.

Let me tell you a few things that I love to say about them as I talk with other people.

Cal and Whit are the most in-love couple I know. They are like 90 year olds. They're in love the way people who have gone through an entire life time together are. I love to hear Whit describe how "the moment he leaves the house in the morning I start missing him, and I can't wait until the moment he comes back through that door." She describes meeting him with a hug, looking up at him, and having an "Oh! It's YOU!" feeling, and how it is reciprocated by Cal.

Cal is ridiculously smart. He knows things and says things that just make you go "Where in the heck did you learn that?" or "How do you know these things?" He also is incredibly personable and funny. He has taught me about so much about faith, charity, and service. He's the best big brother and best son imaginable.

Whitney is adorable. So full of love, such a bright and uplifting person. She has taught me so much about loyalty, friendship, and seeing the good in other people. She has the talent of making things around her beautiful. She's my kindred spirit, bosom best girlfriend... my Diana. (5 points if you get that reference)

They both have hearts as soft as butter (the room temperature kind... not the refrigerated kind... that's too hard indeed!) and could not have a better attitude about adoption. I know they will make absolutely fantastic parents.

If you want to see their profile on the LDS Family Services Website Click HERE.

Also, feel free to spread the word! For Cal and Whit's Blog Click HERE.

5 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

You are way to sweet! Those things you said were so neat and much too nice! Thank you so much for posting it! Also, I totally get 5 points for knowing the reference! whoot whoot!
That was so nice of Ed to do that for you too! What great parents that Corey has! I'm glad you guys are there with them!
Thanks again Ash! That was much too sweet!

Unknown said...

Ashlee!

So long! Too long! Your little jack is so big and you have another one too! You look so cute!

Well, Shayla gave me your blog site because I need your mailing address.

I'm getting married in September and I want to send you and invite.

E-mail me at marceekay@gmail.com

I hope all is well!

Marcee Minster

coryshay said...

Yay for cal and whit!!!!!! I'm so excited for them! And the reference is anne (which I love!) and I loved your clarification about the butter! :)

tell Whitney and Calvin good luck! Keep us posted!

deemom said...

I AM SO EXCITED TO READ YOUR BLOG AGAIN!!!! KISS ED AND HUG HIM AND YES I LEFT THE CAPS ON ON PURPOSE!!!
Love aunt deedee
did you read nie nie today?

Autumn said...

That is so wonderful to hear of a couple that is has such a strong bond. They could package and sell it and I would buy it. I could use lots of hints. :)