My History

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Can you tell just how thrilled Jack was to take this picture? Still, don't they look so cute in their matching outfits from Gram? Aly was so exicted to wear a "Tuuuc!" (Said in a manly-deep voice of course.


Ed and Cindy are very patriotic.
Cindy talks about how they were raised to be that way and how they love our country. They also love living in Illinois. Ed gets emotional watching the corn grow and talking about the farmers. "Illinois feeds the world." I am really starting to like this Illinois place too. Posts on how cool it is to come...
Cindy has their house decorated in an Americana theme and I thought it appropriate to share some of it in my fourth of July post. A few things in the collage are just for the 4th but most of it hangs year round. I asked Cindy which of all her Americana pieces is her favorite. Her response? The big flag. It hangs above their entertainment center in the living room.
The Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam are from Corey and I. Cindy loved them when she saw them at Gardener Village in Utah. She looked at them longingly and finally said "I better not..." After they left I went back and got them as a "thank you," for letting us stay with them until we find a place.

1 comment:

Cal and Whit said...

Oh No! It is happening! Your boys are getting big! I am so sad! That pic of them matching is so adorable, but I do have to admit, they look very big! Oh Man!! Also, darling patriotic decorations! I love them.