My History

Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Hallows Eve

For the past month our entire life has been consumed by Halloween. Cindy bought the boys some cute Halloween PJ's and gave presented them to the little ones on Conference Saturday. Since then it seems the ONLY thing we talk about is Halloween.

Jack has been totally and completely obsessed. We can't go to Walmart without a trip down the scary isle, where things must be handled, discussed in detail (this is when Jack learned the word "appropriate," as in "Jack you can't have that bloody sword... or wear that scary mask... or eat that disgusting edible foot... because it's not appropriate." ) and plans were made. "Mom, I'm going to be a scary vampire, and I'm gonna put on my vampire cape, and my vampire teeth and I'm going to SCARE Gram!!!" Our favorite word this month has been "Creepy." It's not cool unless it's creepy. (by the way I LOVE that Jack is still 4. His idea of what is creepy-- is adorable. Even with things that truly are creepy... vampires for example... he doesn't REALLY understand and what he thinks about those things is quite cute... but don't tell him I said so okay?)

We've read our Halloween books daily (the boys can BOTH quote verbatim Goodnight Goon and 5 Little Pumpkins). We've gone through the ringer with costume selections. We've decorated the apartment. Each day we have counted down how many days more until the blessed event "mom is 30 a lot or a little?!?"... in short we have lived, breathed, and been completely caught up with HALLOWEEN!!!

Mostly it has been totally fun... we really have enjoyed ourselves... but a little part of me feels that in the spirit of honesty I must admit that Corey and I are both now... due to the complete obession of it by Jack... utterly worn out with Halloween. When Jack asked me the day after Halloween "How many more days until next Halloween?" I took a deep breath and banned speaking of Halloween until next year.

Now that I have that off my chest I feel I can share with you a little glimpse of this past month (excluding our trip to the Great Pumpkin Patch which deserves it's own post) We'll start with the actual day:

In one of our Halloween books we saw this idea for Halloween Dinner:

We had so much fun with this it is definitely going to be a tradition. Jack's is the skull (of course) and Alaster's is the top right. I am the bottom left and Corey's (are you as impressed with the artistic eyebrows on his as I am? He has this totally frenchy debonaire look to him no?!?) is bottom right.
After dinner we got the boys ready, took the necessary pictures (the first collage on this post) and headed for Gram and Grampa's. How fun that they finally got to go Trick or Treating to their house! I tell you... we are loving having Grandparents so close! Gram of course had fun little bags put together for the boys, and delicious treat boxes for me and Corey. Do you like Bailey's festive shirt?
We left Gram and Grampa to their dinner and set off trick or treating. The moon was putting on quite the show:
When the boys said they were done we went back to Gram and HeeHaw's and hung out eating candy, chatting, and enjoying being together. The boys slept very well that night and Corey and I fully enjoyed our Halloween Date Night.
***Keep Scrolling down for more :)***

4 comments:

katers said...

Funny....as soon as I saw the pizza picture, I guessed that bottom right had to be Corey's.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Oh man I love those pizza's what a great idea! and I love the p.j.'s I think I want to get some! :-) you take such great pics!

Cal and Whit said...

Sooooo cute! We have been waiting to see what those darling boys were going to be for Halloween, and to find out that it was a whole month long extravaganza! I love it. Cal and I just loved imagining Jack thinking about Halloween all month long. Those pics of those Halloween PJ's are adorable...that one where they are both posing in their skeleton PJ's is just too cute. Cal and I both busted up laughing! Awesome costumes! and What a fun post! we could not get enough! Also, I love that pic of Cindy with the boys, that is just too cute and what a darling picture/memory of both of them in that chair with her! very cute! We loved it ALL!

Stephanie said...

I love that your kids so thoroughly enjoyed Halloween. It is such a fun time. They look darling in their costumes and pj's. What a cute family!