My History

Monday, February 22, 2010

More Birthday

Cindy asked me a while back what I wanted for my birthday. My reply: A Date with Corey.
We haven't been on a date since early in the summer! Sad! So on Saturday night we said farewell to the boys.
Gram took good care of them while went out to TGIFridays (kissing pic), Barnes and Noble (what would a date be without a trip there?), and the DQ drive through (blizzard craving struck).

It was the best birthday present I could have gotten.
At dinner we caught up on life, and Corey helped me brainstorm some things for Relief Society. Barnes and Noble was, well... Barnes and Noble: Our favorite store in all the land. We perused at our leisure and found some pretty good things. We were just window shopping so we didn't buy anything - but that's one of the beauties of that place- you don't have to purchase anything to have a fantastic time. Look at B&N then go request it at the Library. It's the perfect system.
Sunday Ed and Cindy had us over for a birthday meal and cake. She let me choose what kind of cake I wanted and I requested Spice Cake with Cream Cheese frosting and boy-o-lla did she deliver. She made the frosting herself! It was to-die-for.
(Are you shocked I didn't ask for chocolate, chocolate with more chocolate cake please? Me too! I felt like shakin' it up a bit and I am SO glad I did.)

Also in the collage: Ed wielding the largest knife I have ever seen used to cut birthday cake. Travis playing with the boys-- Jack was caught and Aly came to the rescue.

It was such a great birthday this year.
I feel so spoiled by all the love.
Corey especially went to great lengths to make me feel special.
Thanks hon. I love you.
Thanks to the rest of you too.
I just know I have the best family and the best friends on Earth!

9 comments:

katers said...

Just wanted to say that I took a good look at your face, (nose included) and REALLY, I was particularly struck with how beautiful you are. Nose and all. It's perfect for your classically beautiful face. Glad you had a good birthday!

3+Love~aki=Us said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! WoW! Welcome to the age of 25 :D I hope you had an awesome day; it sure looks like you did. Good to hear form you :D

-Emil

Stephanie said...

So glad you were able to go out. Sounds like such a great time. I must saw you are one great looking 25 year old! How do you stay in such great shape?

coryshay said...

I agree with Katie... I always think you are so pretty. You're so photogenic... how do you do it? Could I learn? So glad you got some love on your birthday... and I really really want a piece of that cake (no knife please)

deemom said...

I must say your 25th sounded devine and that is everything except the knife. HAHAHA Corey's dad is hilarious. When I turned 25 it was 1981!!! BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!!! I am so OLD. April is going to have another baby!!! Due August 14th BUT she always comes really early so she is hoping for July 24th. WE might need to borrow your boys birthday. That just seems how it is in our family. love aunt deedee

Autumn said...

You are so beautiful....I was typing this and then glanced over at katers comment and it appears we were both struck by the same thing. The pics demanded a compliment. We are moving in to our new house on Monday and we have been fixing it up. I am exhausted and excited but mostly really really looking forward to spending tons of time with my kids and not having endless projects to work on. Bye!

Rachel and Todd said...

Happy Birthday--belated. There is just so much love in this family, it is plain to see!!

Jenika said...

Happy belated Bday! We have tons in common I'm finding - Danny and I adore Barnes and Noble and go there *regularly* on date nights. (And then hustle to the library...)

Oh how wonderful, I just love your blog.

Cal and Whit said...

You look so pretty in these pics! Happy number 25! What a fun date and that cake looks delightful! If I haven't told you, remind me next time I see you to tell you about the horrible carrot cake disaster of 2009! It was aweful! You are a beautiful 25 year old and I loved this picture collage of you and Corey.