My History

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Artist

Jack loves to draw. Absolutely loves it. I guesstimate that he draws for at least an hour every day... and what's more... Corey concurs on this which means that it's a correct estimation. Corey doesn't exaggerate like I do.

I have been snapping photos of his art here and there and it's about time to make a post about it I think.

Things to notice in this collage:

The top left picture is one Jack drew of him and me together. Very sweetly he showed it to me and I gushed appropriately. Right after this exchange he gave us both beards (picture just to the right of the first) which we both had a pretty good laugh over.

You'll notice in this collage there are lots of hearts. He likes to make those for me :) One day Jack got in humungo trouble for doing something naughty and then... more importantly... lying about it. So the next day he did something else naughty... BUT... he told me about it and drew the top right picture which says "Mom I told the truth!" adorned by a million hearts.... real cutsie-ish to sweeten me up. Guess what? It worked. Although he did have to get in a little trouble. But I figure that the being-up-front-about-it mattered more.

Do you see the one with Aliens and Rockets? (Middle right and bottom left) He and Daddy did that together one afternoon. In the afternoons when I'm gone I often come home to find that Corey has taught Jack how to draw something new. It's very sweet.
Lastly, The bottom right is a snowflake he drew me around Christmas time.

I think the ones in this collage are pretty self explanatory. Except to maybe say that the top right is a pig, and that Corey and I were super impressed that he could make the superman symbol shape and make the 'S' a block letter.
Jack's favorite picture in this last collage below is the creepy hand (top right) and the one directly beneath it where he drew Joker from Batman and a Butler. I like the "Spicey Ousky," (Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.-- S O is Aly's term which we have all adopted). It's the one up on the fridge with the letter 'A' magnet. Also I really love the guy at the top with a mustache. Typically if he draws someone with a mustache he tells me it's a chef.
The other item of note is the guy with a hooded outfit on all the way to the left right above the monkey (bottom left). He was drawing a robber from THIS children's book that we like. I think that was one of the first ones that he drew because he later got really good at drawing their hats.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those are precious! *Love your commentary. BTW, the lying thing with Ella is out of control. You're not the only one dealing with this... :)

Utah Dancer said...

What a good little artist! I love that you captured these with photographs for safe-keeping! I know I don't comment often, but I do keep up with your blog and I am just so freakin' proud of the mother you are!!