This is such a small, silly thing to post about... but I don't care.
This morning the boys and I were reading this silly poem book from the library and I really, really got the giggles with this one:
A Peanut
A peanut sat on a railroad track,
His heart was all a-flutter;
The five-fifteen came rushing by
Toot! toot! peanut butter!
--American Folk Rhyme
I started laughing first because it genuinely tickled me, and then Jack looked at me and said "Peanut Butter!" and started laughing. Then Aly didn't want to be left out so he started chuckling too. At that point everyone was laughing which made me laugh even more because Aly definitely, and Jack maybe, had absolutely no idea what made a smashed peanut so funny. Me laughing harder made them laugh harder and it was all down hill from there.
Who knew a peanut could be so funny?
All day Jack and Aly both at random times have said the punch line to me: Toot! Toot! Peanut Butter!
All day Jack and Aly both at random times have said the punch line to me: Toot! Toot! Peanut Butter!
Jack actually has the whole thing memorized now.
It makes me think I should be teaching him little verses.... hmmm.
Anyway I hope you liked our little silly poem!
I wanted to post birthday stuff tonight but it will have to wait.
Tomorrow? I hope so!
7 comments:
The "preschool" that I do with Parker has you teach your kids a nursery rhyme every week. I love it! I've even been thinking about adapting it for our scripture time and memorizing a verse a week?
Love this one. Cute poem.
I love this one... I know it as a song though. My little cousin used to sing it so cute.... "His heawt was aww a fwutuuuuuuuuuw!"
Ha ha ha! I love it! I can just see those adorable little boys laughing and then saying the whole thing over and over! Much too cute!
haha whatever I love laughing about absolutely nothing and then your laughing so hard and cant remember why your laughing
It makes me smile to think of you laughing hard. It was always so contagious! Yeah for the random but oh so silly things in life.
laughing is the best medicine for anything at all and for no reason at all. THAT WILL MAKE ME LAUGH ALL DAY. Thanks for the good laugh.
WE SURVIVED THE DEER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD half way between Cedar City and St. George. Uncle David is such a race car driver!!!! love you and kiss the boys and PEANUT BUTTER. love aunt deedee
Totally had me laughing...I can see how that poem could hit your funny bone just right. I am smiling just thinking about it.
Post a Comment