My History

Friday, March 26, 2010


Top left is the best picture I could get of the group. I should have done it at the beginning. At the end of the party all the kids were running around playing like mad (as they should have been) and getting them to settle down for a group shot was pretty difficult! Still pretty cute though huh?!?

Jack invited his two best friends from preschool: Levi Lang and Levi Klouse (who by the way are constantly referred to with their last names. Jack said "Hi Levi Lang!" when he came and then when the other Levi came the first Levi said "Hello Levi Klouse!" and they used full names all night. Cute.)

From Left to Right: Henry, Talia, Levi Lang, Levi Klouse, Jack and Brooklyn, then behind: Alaster, Mary and Spencer.

Other top shot: Just a shot of the fun. I was honestly so glad we had invited parents, and Gram and Grandpa Burton too. It was such fun to have a wild and lively house for a while. Our neighbors were gone too so I didn't have to worry about the police showing up. :) I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. It was loud, but I thought it was really fun!

Bottom Left: Jack thanked each guest for coming as they left and gave them a sucker (which Grandma Burton had made for the party-- Thanks!!!) and a Playdough. I wanted to teach him to be a gracious host and he did a great job!

Last two pictures: We said no gifts but a few kids brought some anyway. The jar with the star sticks was a really cute idea so I wanted to share. The Jarvi kids- Spencer and Mary had helped their mom decorate a jar and the sticks. Each stick has an activity written on it "write a story," "play with sidewalk chalk," etc. and if you're bored you can go pick out something to do. Cool! And I think it's great that the kids were able to help make it! I don't know if you can see the last picture- but Brooklyn (who is deeply smitten with Jack... someday I'll have to post the stories) made Jack a book. The picture I have shown above is of her and Jack holding hands and she wrote "Brooklyn and Jack." So sweet! She's the adorable blonde with the burgundy dress on by the way.

Before I end can I just say that I love kids? It is so fun and refreshing to do something for someone who loves it with all their heart. Kids are so easy to please. I love how excited they get over something that required such little effort. And how they enjoy themselves without any restraints. When does that change? When will Jack start worrying about looking "cool,"? I hope not too soon.

3 comments:

coryshay said...

You are such a fun mom!! What a great party! I love the cake, and I"m getting ideas from you for Jocelyn's upcoming 2 year party

Rebecca said...

LOVE it! Thanks for the fun birthday ideas! :D

...And kiddos are so funny about the efforts you put in on their behalf. I swear, those boys will have a tough time ever finding a woman as amazing as their mom.

If I die someday, Ash, find a way to take my girls, okay? :)

Kara said...

I just found your blog--it's great! Thanks so much for the fabulous birthday party--such happy memories. Brooklyn remains ever so smitten with your adorable Jack. We have more drawings of a similar theme hanging around our house--I'll have to bring a few to church. :)