My History

Monday, May 3, 2010

Hmmmm

I'm seriously starting to question my 'I'm such a cool mom-I let my kids dress in public in whatever makes them happy,' policy.
I feel like every picture I have posted lately they are wearing something just ridiculous looking. I suppose that I am their mother, and that I have never been very good at dressing myself either... but Corey is quite good in that area and I had hoped they would follow in his footsteps.

Yet another way that Jack is just like me. Aly, though young and easily persuaded by his favorite brother, is still mostly made up of Corey genes, so I guess there is still hope for him.

Can I tell you how bad I want to post something real, not just a small little picture and a quick little note? Soon... hopefully....

7 comments:

katers said...

Hey, that's funny. I've always thought you dressed well. Also, I LOVE the let them dress the way they want policy. My favorite outfit EVER of Parkers, was cowboy boots, grey sweatpants, (oh his dad would have died) a pirate shirt, this ridiculous jacket that was a hand-me-down from the early 90's and a cowboy hat. He insisted on wearing this getup to Wal-mart, (which he does when he thinks he's looking particularly good) and not only that he sang and danced with the music all the way through the store. I LOVED IT! And unfortunately, I think they do grow out of it. :(

Rachel and Todd said...

Haha, this is awesome. It's funny because in person I think they always look adorable. They're boys, for crying out loud! But, I guess in a picture it does look kinda funny. ;) It looks like Aly's Jack's side-kick, even in this picture he's trying to do the thumbs up. Henry is somewhat getting out of his has-to-wear-fancy-shoes phase and now he's totally into his fish swim shorts. He'd wear them all the time if I let him.

Unknown said...

haha! That's the beauty of that age... it's the only time in their life they can get away with it!

Unknown said...

ps that was Shayla not cory if you can imagine

Cal and Whit said...

Ha! I love it! I love that look on Jacks face, and his thumbs up! Much too cute! Also, you should have seen the outfits Levi used to put together. They were so darling! Love the dress themselves look! Love it!

deemom said...

one of the best things about being a kid- - - IF YOUR MOM LET'S YOU WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT- - - you have the coolest mom. THEY will love these pics when they are in their teens AND YOU NOW OWN BLACK MAIL MATERIAL FOR FUTURE girlfriends!!!! the best is when we get to see you SOON. love aunt deedee

Anonymous said...

No need to change that policy! Christopher went everywhere with a blankie tied around his neck for a cape- so fun.

Love you and can't wait to see you all! Aunt Shir