For Cindy's Mother's Day Present Corey and I wanted to do something hand made.
On Saturday we did all the shopping and after the boys went to bed we had a lovely little time together snacking, chatting, and making it all. It was quite a successful little date night. Am I not so lucky that Corey actually enjoys doing this kind of thing with me?
Then on Mother's Day morning the boys and I made cupcakes for Gram.
They were responsible for squeezing food coloring and stirring. After that job was done they stood by the counter on chairs and basically watched me decorate for about an hour.
Since they had been such good little boys hanging out with me, watching, and only performing menial tasks when I know they longed to do more... I let them loose on the rest of the cupcakes afterwards:
Much frosting was consumed. How cute are their little hands by the way?
And Mother's Day wouldn't be Mother's Day without a few pictures:
(and to my Gram and PaPa who might care... if you click on the collage you can see the whole thing - it gets cut off a bit when I post it.... still google-ing how best to fix it)
My face is a bit puffy because I was sick. (although my nose is always that slopey when I smile... can't blame that on being sick).
Have I ever told you that Corey takes wonderful care of me when I feel bad? He spoils me much more than I deserve. All week he looked after me and made sure that I was resting, then on Sunday he took Jack and Aly to church and I slept for the full 3 hours. He also gave me gifts that I loved, and was just all around perfect.
When the guys got home from church we headed over to Ed and Cindy's. We feasted on a most delectible Mother's Day meal, and had a capital time hanging out with the gang. It felt like it had been a long time since we'd been there and it was so nice to be back... truthfully I don't think it has been that long. The boys go there at least a couple times a week, and Corey and I are always dropping by for this or that, but we hadn't had a nice sit-down and all be together visit in a while, and it was really nice.
I love Mothers Day. Truly I do. I try not to get caught up in the temptation to feel inadequate and instead focus on how much I absolutely love the job, and how sensational my boys are, and of course remember all the women who have been Mother's to me. My mom (obviously but most importantly), my Grandma's, my Aunties, my Mother in Law, my Leaders growing up... and all the women in my life who I love so much. What a great thing it is to be a woman! I'm so glad to have the responsibilites I do!



3 comments:
I love the pictures of you with your boys. I also love your lists and the additions he adds. And can you come clean my closet? Yours looks nice and orderly, mine not so much. :)
I LOVED this post!! I loved that you and Corey made Cindy's present and then those darling boys with the cupcakes and frosting!! so, so cute! But my favorite was the collage of you and your boys! what sweet pictures of your little boys loving on their mom! very sweet! Kind of made me cry.
Happy Mother's day! You are a great mom
Post a Comment