My History

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Absent

We have decided Comcast is ridiculous and we will not pay for their overpriced internet service.
Unfortunately since we live in a semi-rural place right outside the larger Champaign/Urbana area they are the ONLY OPTION.
Our promo deal that we had when we first signed on with them ended, and I thought you were supposed to be able to call and haggle and knock the price down a bit...
Well, either I am not a good haggler or somebody lied to me.
Either way you will notice our absence for a while.
(I am at work right now and have a quick moment)
I may try and get some posts together and go to the library or somewhere when I have some time... but time is feeling pretty limited these days so I make no promises. It's so much easier to just be able to post at 11:00pm when I feel like sacrificing some sleep to the cause.
Anyway I am not complaining...
People throughout history HAVE functioned without the internet. I am quite sure this is fact.
But I did want to let you know what's up in case you noticed my absence.
Hope you are all having a lovely day!

5 comments:

Carie said...

Ash!

You can sign up with a 'new sign on' deal if you put it under a different name. If it was under Corey's the first time you should (and I say should because it's Comcast) get at least a few months at a discount.
I hope you figure it out!

coryshay said...

I actually have been missing you lately. But I'm glad things are well. I curse comcast daily so I feel your pain. Good luck!

katers said...

I totally understand! We actually had two options here, and the good one recently sold out to the bad one, so we got stuck with them anyway. :(

Sure have missed you.....but maybe if I can't email I can call you more?!

Jenika said...

Dealing with Comcast is seriously one of the most annoying parts of living in C-U (or Savoy)!! We were hoping that our part of Urbana had AT&T but no dice. I hope things work out for you. I love your blog! Wish we still lived in the neighborhood, you could come use ours.

Cheeseboy said...

Comcast s-u-c-k-s! I hate them with all the glory of hate.

Hope to hear updates as much as possible.