We are back from Kickapoo and have many pictures to share for we had many wonderful memories made!
Collage #1: Featuring the Preparation Stage of Camping.
Thursday I spent scouring the whole apartment.
Friday morning was food prep.
The boys helped me make muffins and cookies.
(And for those of you who are ultra-observant yes we did figure out that I had put the incorrect attachment into the Kitchen Aid before starting the cookies)
Lesson #1 That we learned on this our very first camping trip: You do not need as much food as you think!
Friday morning I made: Blueberry Buckle Muffins, Trail Mix, Broccoli and Tomato Pasta Salad, All American Potato Salad, Spicy Black Bean Salad, Tuna Salad, and M&M Cookies. In addition I chopped fruits and veggies, and packed many things that I didn't make myself. It took 2 coolers and 3 bags for which I ultimately estimate we ate approximately 2.4% of what we took. The good news is that we've been home for 2 days and I have yet to cook.
Collage #2: Darling Boys! Ready to Camp!
Can you tell they were excited?
Collage #3: Setting up Camp, wherein Jack got to use the Axe. (If you had asked him earlier you would know that this was the number one thing he was excited about doing on our trip.)
Also... that stick he's holding was the first thing he found when he got out of the car at the campsite. From inside the car I heard "A Staff! I have always wanted one of these!"
Alaster helped too, but it was before I got the camera out. Then he mostly just wanted to hang out in the tent.
After all that hard work it was time to fill our tummies! Dinner!



1 comment:
OK. I have about a billion comments! Those boys making cookies!! AND the collage of them by the door ready to go...holy cow! How darling are they?!! I love them in their little baseball hats! And that Alaster's hair cut! How cute! Oh, we miss these boys! I can only imagine how excited they were, and what an exciting name for a camping ground, 'kickapoo', Cal and I wondered if they loved the name too! :D
Post a Comment