My History

Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Looks

Well it happened.
Doesn't he look adorable?
Corey called me at work Thursday to tell me the news.
I guess it got super wiggly and Corey asked Jack if he could try and pull it out.
Jack said yes, laid down on the couch and bing-bada-boom Corey popped it right out.
No fuss.
I can't believe it ended so anticlimactically.
Corey and I had geared up for all kinds of screaming and crying and bargaining and general freak-outage.
We underestimated Jack.
Well... it's more like we expected him to respond poorly when the time came to yank because he really has inherited my flare for the dramatic, and so much of what he does reminds me of how I used to act as a child.
I remember screaming and crying and delaying until it was barely hanging on by a thread and then still screaming and crying and generally making my mother's life miserable until finally, finally, finally I let her take it out.
Unlike me, Jack was totally cool about the whole thing and hasn't even complained once about it being out.

I got to talk to him on the phone about it and he said it was "really cool," in a super deep voice.
Hearing him describe how it happened was the highlight of my week.
He's so dang cute.
I couldn't wait to come home and look at it.
In fact, I was so taken with Jack's new smile that it took me a few minutes before I noticed Corey's new look:
Isn't that picture awesome?
We laughed and laughed about it.
Corey frequently does this. He hates shaving so he'll grow it out until it HAS to go, then make some ridiculous look for us to laugh about until he has to leave the house.
This time he forgot he still had it on when my relief society presidency came over for a meeting.
I think they thought he looked very cute.
Ha ha.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah for relief of the loose tooth! What a brave little boy to be so willing to let his dad pull it out.

Cal and Whit said...

Cutest little boy! EVER!! I loved my phone call from him so much, and I have told just about everyone I know about his tooth! I can't believe it and it is so adorable! I love that little window in his mouth! That is "so cool"! What a boy! we love him, and we miss him. So much!