My History

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sree

Well it happened. In July Alaster turned three. What a drag.
The night before his birthday Corey and I were so bummed. We kept looking at each other and saying sad things like:
"Well I guess that was his last two year old dinner."
"That was probably his last two year old story."
and worst of all:
"That was my last two year old hug and kiss before bed!"
Barnacles... Dirty Barnacles.
But the good news is that as it turns out he is a completely adorable three year old:
Aly was so excited for his birthday. We had talked about it for so long, and Jack of course played a big role in getting him pumped for his big day.
The morning of his birthday he crawled into bed by me and said "I'm so excited for my birrday!" "Is it here?" and when I said yes he said "Let's go see it!" So up we got. He also knew he was getting a few presents and he asked me "Did Santa Clause come?... Are we going to make a snowman?" How does he keep up being so darn cute all day long? It must be exhausting.
After breakfast and some play time we headed to Alaster's favorite summer spot, the Stuki's pool. He wanted the whole family to be there. Mostly during the summer it has just been him and Jack, Daddy, Gram and Uncle Tyler. He was very specific in wanting "our whoooolllleee family, eeeevveryone be there."How darling is he in his swimgear?
After baths etc. we had everyone over for Alaster's two favorite foods on the planet: Pizza and Watermelon. We also had salad which I'm pretty sure he didn't eat.
I suppose in the collage you also noticed picture of his pathetic cake. Don't even get me started. A: it was not supposed to be Spiderman... and B: What a lame Spiderman cake it turned out to be. Thankfully he really liked it, and I guess that's the point even though to mom it was an inexcusable failure. :( Boo. Moving on now.
After eating it was time for presents. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts. He loved them all!
Can I tell you the thing he loved the most? It was his birthday card from Gram. It was an Alvin and the Chipmunks card that sings 3 of the songs from the new version (not the old school kind we watched as kids). We have spent literally hours dancing and singing to this card. I will never forget these little moments. I love to find him in his room with his card not knowing anyone is watching singing softly with it "tok apout it, tok apout it, tok apout it, tok about it," (talk about it) or "uhhhhh... take me tooooo ... funky Down!" (I want you to take me to... funky town). The funky town one is especially adorable because of the dance move that goes with it. He takes that finger and points it down so hard and his hip goes with it. Darling. Oh! and he also sings "Aaavin, Simooon, Fee-a-Gore!" (Alvin, Simon, Theodore) pretty enthusiastically. He adds a jump and punch with his hand on the end for some special emphasis. Love it.
Just yesterday I was telling someone how important Alaster is to our family. When Corey and I made the decision to have another baby it was fast and easy and we didn't wait even one day to act on that decision. He came to us at a time when all three of us desperately needed him, each for our own reasons. It is simply impossible to picture what our family would be like without him.
Alaster is happy, spoiled, insanely silly, loud, generous, funny, handsome, stubborn and sweet.
We love our brown eyed boy. Every single inch of him.

1 comment:

Cal and Whit said...

love, love, love this post! That sree year old is so darling! I love the last line where you say some of the things Aly is. He certainly has our hearts over here, even if he doesn't listen to me on the phone! ha ha ha! Love this boy, so much! It was so fun to see pics of the actual day, it was almost like we were there...almost but not quite! cutest sree year old ever!