My History

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

After the first game we turned the time over to Gram who lead the boys in the "best craft ever," as Jack put it. I quite agree! Don't you think they are darling?!? Thank you so much Cindy for taking care of this portion of the party! What a good Gram you are!


Next we headed outside. Now, having a party in the spring, it is somewhat risky to plan outdoor activities. Jack had been prepped that the outside games might be cancelled due to rain. Thankfully it was a lovely day and that wasn't necessary. Jack looked at me earlier that morning a while after we determined outdoor activities were possible and said "Mom, I think Heavenly Father made it nice outside so I could have my games." I had a few tears in my eyes when I told him I thought he was right. What a sweet 6 year old!

The first game represented the state of Idaho! It was a potato relay. 2 teams... 2 buckets... everyone had a potato... you get the idea :)

(Alaster loved this game so much he and I played it a few times on Sunday too... Gotta Say: Alaster was pretty flat-out-darling keeping up with the big boys! He was of course much below their level, but enjoyed himself thoroughly anyway, and the big kids were great at including him!)

Next came Indiana's Game: A Mini Version of the Indy 500:

Next up: Utah... green jello capital of the world... we held a Jello Slurping contest. I made WAY too much jello and the plates were totally over flowing. Thank heavens Joe knew how to slurp or that game would never have ended! The top right picture is everyone raising their hand if they liked Green Jello... they thought this game was pretty funny :)

1 comment:

Cal and Whit said...

That Cindy sure knows her stuff, what an adorable craft! I love it! Those boys look like they had so much fun, she is such a great Grandma. Also, I totally loved seeing pics of you, Ash, in these posts! You look beautiful! The Jello, oh the jello, that looks like so much fun! What a fun party! Also, I love the mentions of Cal's game ideas, that was funny! :D