The next game, for Illinois, was a great idea that didn't quite work out... we planned to keep the top off of a popcorn popper and have another team game this time of who can fill up their bucket the fastest with popcorn. In our mind we pictured popcorn flying everywhere and in the end it didn't actually work. Bummer! Oh well! We tried. That's what you get for not trying things out first!
And that was the end of the games! We had more planned, but were running short on time.
Planning games around the states was really good entertainment for all adults involved. I think Uncle Cal gets the award for most creative ideas... Jack vetoed his Hawaii Hula suggestion (remember he promised Owen no dancing?)
That also pretty much disqualified the Elvis impersonation contest for Tennessee.
He also dismissed the Alaska game: who can hold ice in their hand the longest. "That would be so cold."
The Nevada idea of teaching the kids a magic trick was well received, but we couldn't come up with a trick to teach!
I didn't even mention Cal's Salem Witch Trial idea to Jack... the humor would have been lost on him.
Anyway it was fun to come up with things. If this month had been a little bit less hectic we could have done more I'm sure.
Last but not least what is a party without cake?!?
Jack opened presents and that was that! One successful party.
After everyone left it was a good chance to snap a picture of Jack with Gram and Grandpa:
And one more silly picture to send you off:

5 comments:
I have been WAITING AND WAITING for the big birthday post! What a guy and what a day! So cute. By the by, I've always thought your boys look so different, but for some reason they looked really similar to me in those silly glasses. Not sure why. ;) Looks like a great time! I sure love those boys of yours. ;)
I am so HAPPY the glasses came in time..... THE pictures are the greatest.... THAT IS CAUSE You made it into some of them..... WAHOO FOR 6 it is a magical year... THEY ARE NOT TOO SMART for their britches yet.. love aunt deedee
Darn, the popcorn game didn't work! The pic of all them holding their cups on the blanket is too cute though. I also love the pic of Jack with his Grandma and Grandpa, what a lucky boy to have them so close that they can come to such fun parties and milestones! What a fun day for the most darling 6 year old in all of the United States (that he loves so much!)We love that Jack.
Love it! I especially love that last one with Jack's serious face with the silly glasses! Ha! What a fun birthday party! And it was fun to see some more baby bump pictures of you!! You look great!
What a great idea for a party! How amazing are you guys for coming up with such great party fun. Your boys are pretty lucky.
Post a Comment