So I have kind of an embarassing story to tell.
I was at work a few weeks ago munching on dried apricots when out of no-where half of my tooth fell out. It's the third from the back on the right side.
What in the world?!?
The boys could not have been more thrilled about this horrible piece of news.
They found it absolutely fascinating! What a good mom I am to provide them with such an interesting event!
Even now, more than 2 weeks later, they are still talking about it... asking to look at it...
When they all came to pick me up at work that day I knew I would be the center of the conversation. As I came out of the building I saw two little faces, eyes squinting, leaning out of chairs already trying to get a looksie before I even got in the car.
They wanted to get a really good look at the broken tooth so as soon as we got home they went to grab their magnifying glasses.
Alaster's suggestions about the whole thing?"Let's tape it back on." (Cal... apparently he is your nephew)
and
"Maybe your new tooth will be GOLD!"
Mommy the pirate. Lovely.
Well apparently this tooth falling out was actually a blessing.
When the Doc took a look he was shocked to hear that I hadn't experienced any pain related to the tooth, and told me that if it had literally gone untreated for one more week I would have needed a root canal which is apparently a pregnant lady's worst nightmare. You can't take the medicine you need to in order to clear up the infection, it affects the type of anesthesia you are able to have... all kinds of stuff.
In the end I got a temporary and once the baby is born I will go back for a crown.
Odd to be thankful for my tooth falling out, but I guess I really am!
Thankful to have avoided a root canal, and thankful to provide my boys with some quality entertainment :)
2 comments:
yikes! glad you are okay!
I had that happen when I was eating Thai food once, just a part of one of the back teeth. No big deal I guess, you can't even tell which one now. Glad you are able to fix it.
ha ha ha! I am totally laughing that they had such a great time with it, and that they got their magnifying glasses out! ha ha! They are too cute! I'm glad that it turned out how it did, that is a huge blessing! Thank goodness!
Post a Comment