Mother's Day was lovely this year.
Ward Council was cancelled, and Corey let me sleep in before church. (truly a sacrifice with the hours he keeps!)
At church I was fed chocolate. (No flowers or books for us! They asked the women in ward council, and we emphatically said "chocolate please!")
And then at home I was queen for a day.
And then at home I was queen for a day.
Actually... my men always treat me like a queen... but they did go to extra efforts to make my day special.
Corey made me the EM "excellent mother," card with priveledges he knew I would love... what mom doesn't want unlimited affection from her darlings and husband? If you can't read the fine print in the picture it states:
"Present this card, with the secret handshake, to any member of your family to reeive a hug, kiss, snuggle, cuddle, spooning, hand hold, or any other affectionate gesture you may desire. Don't be shy. The members of your family are willingly registered providers of such services."
Wonderful.
The pot was from Jack which he had made/planted at school.
And the other card in the collage was to go with Cindy's present. We had the boys tell us why they love their Gram and we wrote it down... you spin the top part of the card to see all of the things that they said. Idea HERE.

Corey made dinner: Whole Wheat Pizza, heavy on the sauce and toppings, light on the cheese... with zucchini and summersquash. Yummmmm. The boys liked it too... not sure why that was the face Aly made.
Corey also made dessert for both me and his mom:


It was sooooo yummy. Also pictured in the collage is Jack's card that he made for himself that night. I think he was jealous of mine. His says: Jack has a card to make you do stuff. You have to do it. - Jack.
We gave our gift to Cindy and she and Ed gave me THIS... along with an adorable craft she made that I can display the boys artwork on. The dress came in the mail last week... I can't wait to try it on! It's going to be my "I'm back at church post-baby dress." So fun!
Happy Late Mother's Day to All! I love Mother's Day. Such a great day to remember all of the women in my life that I love, and the supreme blessing it is to be the mother of the two, soon to be three, most adorable boys in the world.
2 comments:
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Love love love love the dress! You'll look amazing in it (I'm sure the day after you have little Truman, too!)
I love that Corey of yours! What a sweet guy and how darling was his gift!?! Also, I totally agree with Shayla! :D
Post a Comment