Jack slays the bugs in our house, a job that I almost completely refuse to do.
For that reason, he is my hero, and I tell him so.
One night this week I called Corey in an absolute panic. There were two, count them TWO massive mosquito looking things in our living room. To me they looked like mini-lobsters with wings... or normal mosquitos on steroids.
Corey gave me five, count them FIVE, completely logical ways to rid myself of them, all of which were unacceptable because they required me to be close to them.
He kept saying "What do you expect they are going to do to you, exactly?" and the answer is: I don't know! I just know I couldn't stand them touching me, or the crunch that you feel when you squish one. It sends shivers up my spine!
For that reason, he is my hero, and I tell him so.
One night this week I called Corey in an absolute panic. There were two, count them TWO massive mosquito looking things in our living room. To me they looked like mini-lobsters with wings... or normal mosquitos on steroids.
Corey gave me five, count them FIVE, completely logical ways to rid myself of them, all of which were unacceptable because they required me to be close to them.
He kept saying "What do you expect they are going to do to you, exactly?" and the answer is: I don't know! I just know I couldn't stand them touching me, or the crunch that you feel when you squish one. It sends shivers up my spine!
I asked him if I could call our home teachers or a neighbor to come kill them.
His response: "You do whatever you are comfortable doing."
Okay calling home teachers was out. Maybe I would call Rachel? She's super nice, and she told me she kills the spiders at their house! But as it was 11:00 at night she probably wouldn't want to.
In the end all the screaming woke up Jack and he came to the rescue. My Hero! We had ourselves a fun little adventure and some good laughs over the bugs.
Jack has been so much fun lately.
I am seriously getting sad that the summer is nearly over and I have to send him back to school.
We are good buddies he and I. Very, very good buddies.
3 comments:
Oh, I am laughing so hard right now. Do you remember the time that you were sleeping over at my house and we drowned a spider in a candle?
I've actually gotten over my fear of bugs. Had to with Brandon being gone so much last year.....I've gotten to where I can kill them myself no prob. And now I actually prefer to do it instead of Brandon because he's a squisher...and leaves their guts wherever he's squished. I'm a grabber, then a squisher. Less mess. ;) Are you proud of me?
Like mother like daughter. Remember your mom's aversion to especially grasshoppers?
Love you.
OK OK OK YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KILL THOSE THINGS....... THEY EAT MOSQUITOES..... they are called lace wings and YOU SHOULD LEAVE THEM ALONE TO DO THEIR JOB...... really grasshoppers and lace wings OH MY...... LOVE You sweetie Scott was my spider killer extraordinaire.....aunt deedee
Post a Comment