My History

Monday, August 8, 2011

Blessing Day, Blessing Day Tra la la la la!

For days leading up to Truman's Blessing I have been talking and singing to him about it.

When I woke him up Sunday morning I told him "Baby boy, it's here! It's Blessing Day, Honey!" He looked me right in the eyes and gave me a broad, winning smile.

As you can see by the pictures, he was sweet and happy as could be all day. It was like he knew he was the star of the show, and he wasn't going to let his audience down.

We were so grateful to have Casey and Kristine come from Chicago to be a part of our day, and of course Gram and Grampa, and recently returned Tyler too.

To our family in the West: I missed you. Like crazy. It felt so weird to me not to see your faces filling up a solid 3+ rows of benches. I know you all would have been there if circumstances had allowed it... I just hope you know that you were missed. Terribly.

To my Mom: I love you. I'm sure you were there, but I found myself missing you the most of all.

To David (JaNae) Tanner, Todd (Rachel) Freestone, Jeff (Emily) Savage and Mark (Amaris) Fletcher: Thanks for being part of the circle with Corey and Ed. We've never asked friends to be a part of our babies blessings before. With us missing the rest of our family it was really, really neat to have our closest brothers in our ward family step in. We have learned so much from you and your sweet wives. (Who I felt really ought to be mentioned in those parentheses up there. They are so important too!) Love you guys!

The only picture I have of the five of us all together is when the boys came to the hospital just after delivery. I am glad we now have one of us all looking a bit more presentable (and yes I did get my hair cut finally, before the big day):


Corey gave Truman a loving and beautiful blessing.
He's the best, you know that?
I need him.
The boys need him.
And he is always there for us.
I am a better person for being his wife, and I absolutely love our life together.
I am so very grateful for the choices he has made that have brought us to this point.
Blessing Day was a perfect example to me of all of those things, and only he will really know what I mean when I say that. Here's to you Honey: I love you.


When we came home I let Truman loose for a bit. He was so hot! Then I got him dressed in Corey's absolute favorite outfit:


(You wanna squeeze that nakey baby don't you? Check out that Belly! Just like a little frog.)

A little bit of love with my boy before we headed over to Gram and Grampas:
At Gram and Grampas we played... we ate... we enjoyed each other's company... we oohed and aaahed at the Blessing Boy and mostly just took it easy. It was just what we all needed.

Happy Blessing Day Truman-Boy. You're our darling darling, and now so very officially official.
We love you to the moon and back and wouldn't trade you for anything!

6 comments:

Karen said...

um you look amazing...could you stop please. :) You're beautiful

katers said...

I agree with Karen...you make the rest of us look bad! ;) And fun shoes!

What a handsome family you all are. Although Jack looks like he's ready to cause some SERIOUS mischief. Cute boy!!!

I can absolutely see why that is Corey's favorite outfit, and I wish I could blow a raspberry on that nakey belly. Do it for me, will you?

Truman is looking so very Burton in these photos. Cute, cute, cute!!

Sorry....one more thing.....can I please have that sweet Aly boy?

deemom said...

When David blessed Scott We lived in Japan and there were NO relatives there so WE know how you felt about having brothers in the gospel stand in the circle. YOUR POST was so special Ash.... WE LOVE YOU WE MISSED YOU AND were there in spirit. I think when you live far away from the family members you grew up around you can appreciate how awesome heaven will be so that you will be together.... love aunt deedee

Jerry and Carmen said...

Your post was sooo great. Made me wish Gram N I could have been there. Makes us thankful for the technology that lets us be there sort of. The part about Lizzie made us cry.
Love you all.
PaPa N Gram

Rachel and Todd said...

What a special, special day! I love Truman's broad smile in the top right picture. His eyes are smiling, too! He's so cute.

You looked gorgeous in your apple dress--and toes to match. And your hair! I love it! I noticed it in the toy room the other day, but of course a kid was crying or screaming (or pulling hair) and the words, "Your hair looks great!" did not get the chance to leave my lips.

AAAAAnyway, Todd was honored. We love your family. Dinner maybe the 21st? 28th? Sometime soon. And, if you're up for doing a temple trip and swapping babysitting--we would love to. :) I should send you an email . . .

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Look at your beautiful sassy red dress! and that handsome family of yours!