My History

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Before School Bucket List

Anyone else sad that summer is coming to a close? The weather is still hot most days here, but with the beginning of school everything changes.

The week before school started the boys and I decided to make a list of things we wanted to do just one more time.

And thus one morning at the breakfast table, our Before-School-Bucket-List was born:

We had such a grand week I am thinking this shall be a tradition in our family.

I know what you are all wondering... did we accomplish it all?
See for yourself:

#1- Have a stay up WAY, WAY, WAY late night with movie, popcorn, treats and tent and games:




Substitute fort for tent and we have ourselves a "check!"

And I must say... our late night was probably my favorite. I have never let them stay up quite that late before, and I am happy to report that the boys take after Corey in that - the more tired they are- the sillier they become. We had ourselves a stupendous time! (Although I had to include that picture of Aly crying because it was actually a really funny moment of the evening.)

#2- Go Swimming. Check! This one they did with Dad and Gram... no pictures, but they did do it! And it wouldn't have been a complete week without going. We have had SO much fun in the pool this year. Jack let go of all his previous fears and embraced such joys as belly-flopping, diving, and swimming in the deep end alone. Huzzah! Alaster also made great strides and we will sure miss the pool this winter!

#3- Go Fishing with Dad:


Check!

#4: Go to Meadowbrook Park:
(A delightful spot in Urbana with walking/running trails - both nature and art, field, and a playground)


Check!

#5- Family Light Saber Fight:

Crazy, but we actually didn't get to that one! It's hard to imagine our family without light sabers, but somehow we missed it. Truly, it was a jam packed week.

#6- Soccer in the big backyard:

#7,8 and 9: Hide N Go Seek, Trouble and Playdate with Owen.

Also missed. Darn it! But, I will say that I did try to do them but the boys were pretty worn out. All week they were saying "let's work on our bucket list," and all week we did! I guess there just isn't time for everything.

Anyhow, we had a fun-filled last week of summer. Now on to fall and winter! I am going to try not to hate it, I promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your family!!!! What a cute before school bucket list!