I'd like to tell you that I did something creative and memorable for Jack's first day... something fun like LAST YEAR for Jack to start the school year off right. I didn't. It really snuck up on me and all I could manage was smiley-faced pancakes. It's even the same plain-jane whole-wheat pancake recipe that we use on a regular basis.
Darn it!
I felt like a bit of a failure, but Jack seemed pretty enthused about them anyway:
Darn it!
I felt like a bit of a failure, but Jack seemed pretty enthused about them anyway:
He wanted to take his first day of school picture up a tree (he was super into climbing trees this summer):
The token "brother," picture.
Jack and Aly both received priesthood blessings from Dad and so far Jack is off to a great start!
He is enjoying music more this year, and this week he did his very first ever homework assignment! Huzzah!
I hope things go as well for Aly. He starts preschool on the 20th. We'll let you know how it goes!


4 comments:
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!! What an adorable totem pole of cute boys!! Love, love, love. The future women of the world have you to thank for raising such good-lookin' and sweet boys.
I love that picture of the boys too. So, so sweet. And don't be down on yourself for not doing anything crazy. I'm sure that the day was magical for him without it and that just by being there for him and being excited for him you made it even better. :) You're one of THE BEST moms I know and I want to be more like you. ;)
I think pancakes is pretty darn good for having a little one around! And I love the brother picture. You can definitely tell they came from the same mom and dad!
OH oh oh I WANT THE PANCAKES TOO.... hope the school thing is going great for you guys. ISABELLE finally gets her first FULL WEEK THIS WEEK.... due to the earthquake and the hurricane and the staggered K kids going on separate days for the first week. She thinks she will go tomorrow.... love aunt deedee
Post a Comment