My History

Friday, February 17, 2012

V Day 2012

Happy Valentine's Day One and All!
As previously noted on the blog... V Day is my favorite of the non-huge holidays, and I am happy to show you how we spent it!
It started the night before with a FHE about love (thank you daddy for a wonderful lesson), followed by class Valentine exchange preparation:
Jack and Aly also made Gram, Grampa and Tyler Valentines. They did the designing, cutting, gluing, and writing all themselves:

Aly made Grams to look just like her only in heart form. See the sweet face and the ribbon arms and legs? Jack took control of Grampa's and Tylers. They turned out great as well!


I spent V-Day Eve watching Downton Abbey with my friend Alysa and her friend Katie. It was not the smartest move ever as I still hadn't done any of my prep for the next day, but I figure staying up till 1:30 am one day of the year won't kill ya, AND Alysa wrote some funny poems for the boys Valentines from me ... soooo... worth it... totally.

I hung my handmade decor from the past 2 years and added a heart attack on our sliding glass windows. Hearts, hearts everywhere! I wasn't planning on doing any new decorations until Jack declared that it was "10,000 times more important than our house!" that I do so. That sounded pretty serious to me, so I did it:

It was fun to watch Truman staring up at them all day:

The boys were so cute in the morning. Jack ran into my room and gave me a Valentine he had made the night before. He asked if he could go look on the kitchen table at his Valentine and apparently he just wanted to stay there for a while. Aly joined him:

Alysa's poems were a hit, and they liked the notes from me too. I loved watching them!

The funny thing was that they laughed the hardest when I read Truman his note. I didn't find anything funny about it, but they did apparently. It read:

"Dear Truman, You can't read this note, but I love you anyway. More than you know- squishy boy! You are my darling face, my little spot of love, my baby boy. Love- Mom."

I thought Alysa's poems were much more clever. And they did laugh at them too! To Jack...

I love you little
I love you big
I love you like a chubby pig.

and to Aly...

Penguins are white
Penguins are black
If you kiss me... I'll kiss you back!
or
If you pinch me... I'll pinch you back!

Also featured in this next collage is the interactive Valentine Jack made for me, and one of the Valentines that Aly gave to our family (I think this one was Daddy's). His primary teacher brought a bunch for the class to give to their family and I wanted to kiss her for it! I get teary just thinking about it. He was so proud and happy to have something to give. Those boys of mine are heart melters I tell you!

Year 3 of our special Valentine's Day Strawberry Breakfast. This year's breakfast was Strawberry Breakfast Parfaits:

I let Truman have his "treat," while the boys ate. How cute is that mouth and those hands?!?


The rest of the day was great too. From these pictures you would never know that Truman has RSV, but he does... so we mostly took it easy. We didn't venture out, but we were visited by Gram and Grampa who brought us all Valentine Goodies! I am mad I didn't take a picture, but things were a little busy. Jack had just gotten home from school and he and Aly had spilled all of their Valentines from school parties all over the table. Know that we love you Gram and Grampa! The boys have had so much fun with their gifts!

I did get some pictures of Alaster and his Valentines' box after Preschool. What a cute boy! He got a little noisemaker in one and had Truman laughing pretty good!

All in all a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you go all out for holidays!! Seriously, I wish I could be you sometimes. So darn cute! We also love Downton Abbey so that's how we spent our evening on Valentine's day :)

I didn't know poor Truman has RSV! Sorry about that, Ashlee. I hope he gets better quick!

Alysa Stewart said...

well. to clarify, I said a "little fat pig" -- much more poetic. But you changed it to chubby because you said Alaster would say "that's not nice mom."

I'm glad they liked them! And I hope you took all the credit for them on the day of.

those parfaits look so scrumptious!

p.s. i love watching downton abbey with you!