I discovered a new love today friends!
Painting!
We bought one weensy can of turquoise paint last year for that chair in our kitchen. You know the one I mean right? Well we still had oodles of it left over after the chair and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
And today... I did it!
We bought one weensy can of turquoise paint last year for that chair in our kitchen. You know the one I mean right? Well we still had oodles of it left over after the chair and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
And today... I did it!
(Corey doesn't like this "collage about our toilet," but I wanted to show you that the paint matched our hand towels and rug in there)If you want to know the truth I was partially escaping sick, grouchy (One sick day is fantastic. One week? Not so much.), bickering children. Love them. Promise.
But I did need a little break.
I had the time of my life!
In fact I had so much fun that I didn't want to stop... so in between coats I pulled out 3 old picture frames not currently in use, painted them grey, got those lovely photos printed, put it all together, and hung them with Corey's help.
I love being able to complete an entire project in one day!
I know it's just one wall but it feels so different in the bathroom already.
I had the time of my life!
In fact I had so much fun that I didn't want to stop... so in between coats I pulled out 3 old picture frames not currently in use, painted them grey, got those lovely photos printed, put it all together, and hung them with Corey's help.
I love being able to complete an entire project in one day!
I know it's just one wall but it feels so different in the bathroom already.
Do you like this picture?
I took it when the tree right outside our front door was in my favorite stage. Not completely in bloom so you can still see the pink buds, but partially in bloom so there were some flowers as well. Very colorful. Very charming.
I think I want to put this picture somewhere in the bathroom too so that next winter I can look at it and remember spring will come again!
Last year I thought the impetus for our many house projects was "nesting," with Truman. Really though? I think it was spring! I am alive with the need to organize, clean, and beautify!
I hope this new found energy keeps up for a while. I am having fun, and my house sure needs it!
I took it when the tree right outside our front door was in my favorite stage. Not completely in bloom so you can still see the pink buds, but partially in bloom so there were some flowers as well. Very colorful. Very charming.
I think I want to put this picture somewhere in the bathroom too so that next winter I can look at it and remember spring will come again!
Last year I thought the impetus for our many house projects was "nesting," with Truman. Really though? I think it was spring! I am alive with the need to organize, clean, and beautify!
I hope this new found energy keeps up for a while. I am having fun, and my house sure needs it!

No comments:
Post a Comment