My History

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

From Silly to Serious

My doo-hickey that gets my photos from the card to the computer (you are totally blown away by my tech-savviness right now aren't you?) isn't working for some reason.

And I had SO wanted to share some details from Aly's special day!

Ah well. At least I can hop on Corey's computer -- where no doo-hickey is required-- and upload my favorite shot from the day:

Pretty classic, huh???
Thanks to Grandma Carmen and Aunt Dee for making that picture possible :)

And may I also just say real quick that I love my Mr. Morgan? He is so full of love and life. He constantly surprises me with his insights into others and his care and concern for them. Two quick stories? (I am SOOO far behind with telling stories!!! For shame! For shame!)

1- One day we were riding in the car and the boys were sooooo thirsty. "Like soooooo thirsty mom. If I don't get some water I'm going to die!" As I recall it they were somehow trying to finagle a bagel into whatever deal I was making with them. Seeing it was going nowhere with me Aly finally said "Jack and Aly just need water mom. That's all we need." Pause... pause... he's thinking... he's thinking... "And Mommy? Just needs Daddy!" How right you are little one. And no, I hadn't been talking about Corey at all during the car ride.

2- This morning I was giving Aly the run-down of what I have planned for his party on Saturday. I told him that while kids were arriving we would have coloring pages of sharks and penguins set up for him and the kids to do until all guests were present. I asked if he thought it was a good idea? He shook his head and said "Yes!" very sweetly. But as I watched him the look of excitement quickly changed to one of concern. "But mom... what about the people who come last? When will they get to do one?" A little thing? Sure. But I share it because it's very typical of Alaster... to want to make sure that everyone is included and that everyone participates. It is rare that Alaster is ungracious or unwilling to share. He is always looking out for his friends, and even more especially his family, wanting to make sure that we are all happy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Alaster came into our lives at a time when we needed him desperately, each for our own particular reasons. The feeling in the room at his birth was one of utter joy and sunshine, and it whispered to me of things to come surrounding this precious baby boy. I remember one moment of the experience very specifically. I kind of took a step back from what was immediately happening, for a few seconds being more of an observer than a participant. I was soaking all of the details in and noticed the amazing amount of happiness present. An overwhelming sense of gratitude came over me. It was a moment I knew I would never forget. How very blessed we were to welcome this dear, healthy, child into our life!

Now Alaster is not perfect.
I know this along with the rest of you.
But he is perfect for our family.

And I truly can't believe he is 5!!!

2 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I sure enjoy reading stories about him, they always brighten my day as well. Thank you for your comments. Tht was very cute.. "Mommy just needs Daddy! "

coryshay said...

5?! 5?! Are you sure? Man, time flies! And that picture is absolutely adorable!