My History

Friday, July 27, 2012

Such a Fun Day

A couple of weeks ago, after summer school and baby's nap, we took daddy to work and spent the afternoon at a fun park in town. It has a petting zoo, so Truman got his first look at barnyard animals!
The weather was ideal and the boys were being so darn cute and funny.
It all made for a wonderful, happy day!

The boys climb the highest hill in town together (how sweet are they waving to me at the top?) and Truman cutes it up in his stroller:
We had a little picnic. Aly ate food. Jack drank a quick sip of water and abandoned us for the playground:

Truman. OOOOH Truman! Have I told you lately that I love this baby???
He was being so funny! He got all nervous about walking on different surfaces. He was glued to the spot in the grass that I deposited him on for quite some time. I held his hand and tried to gently pull him to walk on it... Nope! And then over at the playground he wouldn't cross the pavement to get on the squishy-playgroundy stuff. So funny! He did finally get over it, but we were all amazed that it took so long. I wonder what he was thinking???

Is he not the cutest little stink?

Some fun on the playground:

This was the trip that Jack caught Army Ant. I love the picture of him with his pointer fingers up. He is describing the ant's antennas to me:

Jack also caught a ladybug for Alaster's jar. They had fun watching their new friends together:

(No, the lady bug wasn't included in the bug post HERE. He died the same day we got him. Sad!)

Okay. So we parked at the petting zoo and then hiked QUITE a ways to the park through the grass. There is a sidewalk that circles the grass from the park to the zoo... it was an even longer way but I didn't feel like off-roading again, and I thought a long trip would be good for the kiddos. The boys scooted the first little bit and then preferred to walk. Somebody please give me 5 mommy points for pushing this package of awkwardness around (did I mention it was QUITE a distance we walked???):

After the walk we said hello to all our animal friends:

(Jack's pinched fingers are making a comparison between his teeth and the teeth of the camel. Funny!):

Such a fun day!
Is anyone else getting sad that it is almost AUGUST???
What in the what???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Which park is this??
Lovely post as always.

Aerika Larsen-Newman said...

The face that Jack is making while describing Army Ant looks like you Cousin :D so fun your boys are so darling!!! Oh how I miss your sweet family!

deemom said...

Ideas for walking along way with STUFF.... put lunch in a back pack for you (might be a bit hot but you wont feel so weighed down.... ANT description priceless.... curly haired baby--mathcing with Ivy...
WE MISS YOU TERRIBLE.... private blog ok I'll send you the correct email.... love aunt deedee