My History

Thursday, July 19, 2012

What Brothers Are Good For no. 27

Someone to keep you in the know.

We recently rearranged the furniture in our living room. One of the big blue chairs found a new home in the corner creating a small pocket of space just large enough for a 7 year old boy and his essentials.

I heard a teeny argument when another little old boy tried to enter the "secret hideout," but it was quickly resolved when I allowed them to push our couch over to the chair/entertainment center creating a second and adjacent hideout.

The next hour and a half were spent sending confidential "information," and "advice," and gifts back and forth between a small tunnel that connected the two hideouts.

I was able to intercept one of the gifts that Jack was sending through...
I couldn't have been more tickled when I opened it up.
(More info on Mr. Happy HERE.)

They drew notes... they whispered in each others ears... they made each other laugh...
It was darling.

(Yes, that is a new entertainment center... it's actually old... a free hand-me-down donated to us from a friendly stake member. We intend to make it beauteous!)

It was so much fun that Jack created a permanent box back there for himself so he can escape from the world from time to time. I took the lid off so you can see the contents. He was very thoughtful as to what the box should include. Among the books and art supplies you will see his "mail cup," utilized for passing notes when Aly is playing along.

Pretty cute stuff!
Watching them together I couldn't help but remember a secret hide from days gone by... HERE.

2 comments:

deemom said...

the mother that allows hideouts (tents) etc. WILL BE LOVED FOREVER.... you know that children consider these places part of heaven and they are how they learn that their world is safe..... LOVE THOSE CUTE BOYS!!!! and their mama.... love aunt deedee

coryshay said...

That is so dang cute!