Question: Jack are you going to serve a mission? Answer:
Yes. And I'm going to grow a beard.
What He Said About a Piano Song, "Willie and Tillie," That He Liked Practicing:
I love playing this song. It makes me happy. I love how it sounds and my fingers are having so much fun!
How He Pronounces "Tarantula," :
Ta-RANCH-Ula
2 Things He is Certain He Can Do:
Look at his brain if he rolls his eyes back far enough. -AND- Stay awake all night without sleeping. In fact... he went through a period of time where no matter what we said he was convinced he hadn't slept at all in the night.
Question: Jack do you like your new haircut? Answer:
No, cause half and inch more? And BOOM, I'm bald. (He frequently uses "BOOM," in sentences for special emphasis. It's a Jack trademark.)
Examples Of How He is Just Such a 7 Year Old Boy:
Putting the corn holders back in the drawer instead of the dishwasher. Putting his poison ivy contaminated clothes back on after his shower.
Something He Learned That Made His Whole Day:
The Red-Tailed-Racer Snake has a lifespan "unknown." "I can discover that when I am grown up and I study snakes!"
A Sweet Conversation We Had One Day While Putting Dishes Away:
"Mom? Where did you get these?" (Holding Up Truman's Baby Spoons)
"I don't know hon... probably Walmart."
"I want some of these for my baby. Mom? Is it easy being the mom?"
"I love being a mom more than anything in the whole world. Most days it's the best! Sometimes though it is pretty hard!"
"I can't wait to be a Dad. I'm going to be a good Dad. I'm going to do fun things with my kids like put a pot on my head and play with them. And I'm going to tell them 'yes,' if they ask for pizza or a new toy."
Something He Does for Shock Value:
Randomly take his shirt off and pretend like nothing is different. I am doing the dishes and BOOM I look over and he's doing homework without his shirt!
Something He Did that is just SO Jack:
Supress his smiles when I guessed what animals he found on a field trip at school. The smile started and his eye brows raised but then they were both quickly shut down!
His Current Reigning Nickname:
Bonesy-Jonesy. He told this to a ward friend who called him "Fatsy Jacksy," instead. He thought that was pretty funny Neal!
Question: Do you know what Jesus did in his lessons to teach the people and help them understand? Answer:
"Crafts?"
How He Once Tried To Cure His Sore Throat:
Doing lots of push-ups. How very John-Adams'ey of him, no?
A Word He Uses A Lot (Ironically Always Incorrectly!):
Ain't
A Game He Invented But Didn't Want Me To Know the Name Of (Aly spilled the beans!):
Fighting for Justice!!!
Something I Heard Him Do One Night:
Whistle in his sleep.
Question: Would you rather have your own room or more babies? (He had been saying he wanted his own room...) Answer:
"MORE BABIES!"
Cute Truman Related Behavior:
Holding out his arms to baby and saying "Come to Papa!"
Telling him: "You are the cutest baby in the world! Oh yes you are! You little stink!"
Praying: "And thank thee for that baby's cute face!"
Playing "Get you!" with him, Popping out and surprising him, Making him laugh, Trying to teach him how to jump, Laughing at (and sometimes encouraging) his naughty behavior
Asking him "Were you a good baby?" when he sees him after school
But His Absolute Favorite Thing to Do with Truman These Days Is:
"Make him give me hugs." Truman does not do this with everyone! But when Jack asks... Truman saunters over,
puts one arm around his neck and the other on his back and then pats his
sweet little fingers on him! It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Favorite After School Activity:
Riding Bikes and Playing OUTSIDE!... Burning things with a magnifying glass... digging holes... climbing trees... making harmless mischief... playing with friends in the quad...
What He Said When He Learned About Joseph and Hyrum's Close Friendship:
"You know who my best, BEST friend is? More than ANYONE??? ALY!"
What He Once Demanded of Corey:
"You owe me a toboggan."
What He Sometimes Chose To Read to Me During our Summer Home School:
The Book of Mormon
What He Remarked After Watching THIS video:
"How does that storm trooper play the trombone with his helmet on???" (That video really gives him the giggles!)
Jack is such a cool kid. He's confident, bright, sweet and helpful. I love that he's getting to an age where I can trust him with actual responsibilities. I love that he feels like an actual friend, complete with inside jokes, confidences, and good conversation. I love that he chooses the right at school. I love that he is such a perfect combination of little and big. I love that he's a tad on the dramatic side just like his mother father. I love that he's so naturally talented with basically everything he attempts. I love that he loves our family.
Here's to you Bonesy!


2 comments:
That is so darling cousin! Man I miss you and your boys tons! I'm with Jacko you can have more babies! You and Corey have the cutest kids!
JACK IS THE MAN!!! stories about your boys are priceless.....love aunt deedee
Post a Comment