My History

Friday, November 16, 2012

First Word and Sound

Guess who said his first word?!?!?!?!?!?!?
My darling Truman boy!  That's who!
(Does his face make you happy?  His face makes me happy.)

Here's how it happened:

So we all know Truman is... difficult... when left at other people's homes.  Well, on Wednesday this week I had to leave him at a brand new place expecting him to struggle as usual (maybe more so since it was a new friend) so that I could go volunteer in Alaster's classroom (something I do weekly... more details on that another day).

I listened at the door when I very first dropped him off and there were no immediate tears.  I had to run but expected when I returned to find a sobby mess of a baby.  BUT not so!  He was fine!  My friend Danielle said he was great!  She even had video of him playing peekaboo with and kissing his daughter!  What?!?

I was so proud I just kept telling him he was a "sweet boy!" a "good boy!"  I'm so proud of my "little boy!"  Then after one "boy," he looked at me and said in the sweetest voice ever "boy." !!!!!  Oh my gosh!  So in the car I tried again... "Truman, are you a sweet BOY?"  ...... quiet in the back of the car...... then...... "boy."

Ah ha ha!  He did it!

The next day I told the boys about it at breakfast and much to their extreme delight he repeated the trick when Jack asked him if he was a sweet boy.  And I'm pretty sure he's done it for Corey once too.

Also... he ooo!ooo!-ed like a monkey this morning.  We have running joke about monkey sounds in our house thanks to a classic Squidward moment that made us giggle.  I was doing it for Truman, who thought it was so funny and then out of no-where he pooched his lips and out the ooo-ooo came!

What a silly boy :)

No comments: