I just wanted to do a little post about conference because I loved it so much! I was telling Nat the other day that I usually have one stand out favorite talk, but this time I didn't. There were so many.
I loved President Monson's talk because it illustrated perfectly the fact that Heavenly Father knows the needs of His children on an individual and also group basis. The story he told of that woman was so beautiful. And even though my mom passed away more than two years ago I still need messages of hope like that in difficult moments. How blessed we are to be able to know and gain a testimony of the most comforting and sustaining doctrines that the gospel offers.
Also of worthy note was Sister Beck's talk about "mother's who know." She gave such good reminders of what a mother should be. I hope that when my boys are grown that they will be able to say that I was all of those things for them. I know that I love them more intensely than I ever thought it was possible to love, and I am trying to give them my very best, so I am grateful for talks like that which help me know how I can improve and give them more of what they deserve.
I was also really grateful for Elder Ballards talk about how to give good information to people of other faiths about our church. At the beginning of his talk I was laughing to myself because he was describing something that very recently happened to me. To make a long story short I am certain that I did a horrible job telling someone about the church in a recent qustion and answer situation with a person of another faith. I was so totally unprepared with the kind of brief statements that he talked about. I was all over the place and am sure that I looked like I knew nothing at all about the church because I took so long to answer trying to make such profound and intertwined things simple. Now I know I can handle another interaction like that much better. I am actually going to try and salvage what happened before by sending this person a copy (or portions) of his talk and a copy of the 13 articles of faith.
These and other talks given really strengthened my testimony, reminded me of the wonderful blessings of being a member of the church, and strengthened my resolve to do better in my life.
Yay for the Church! Yay for our new president Eyring! Yay for Conference!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Ash!! Cute blog and Darling babies!!! I can't believe I haven't seen you since you were only about 6 months pregnant with Aly. Cory and I have a blog too, but it's not as cute as yours. Check us out if you want. www.coryshay.blogspot.com. I loved your conference thoughts, love the pics, your babies are beautiful and I miss you!!
this is Shayla by the way. Just in case you couldn't figure it out.
Ash I just love your stories...they made me laugh right outloud! Especially the one when Jack is telling Cory off! Your kids are darling hope all is well. Love you, Ash
Thanks wood for your comment... who are you? I'm so sorry! I have a few guesses but so as to not offend you could you just tell me?
Post a Comment