
Thanksgiving was so much fun this year! Normally we get together with my large extended family (which I love!), but it just didn't work out that way this year. Instead we did it small with just our family, Corey's brother Casey, and Cal and Whit. Whit and I did ALL the food. WAY too much for just 6 people but you have to do it ALL right? It's no fun any other way. Plus I love cooking so it was fun for me anyway. It was my first time cooking a turkey :) It was fun to have memories running through my head all day about when me and my mom used to make the turkey and all the other Thanksgiving food together. It made me miss her, but I was still happy for all the good memories. It turned out pretty good... not as good as my mom's of course... but how could it when I had to take the giblets out half way through baking when Aunt Nat informed me that they weren't hidden in the same place as the neck... They should put that on the directions don't you think? Anyway here is what we did on our WONDERFUL day :)
The morning was really relaxing and Corey and Jack had fun playing together. Here they are in by far the quietest activity of the morning. Playing with books. There was much wrestling and racing, but I didn't get any pics. It was nice that they got to spend so much time together.

He also spent time with me on our Holiday craft... Paper Bag Turkeys! Not as exciting as it sounds. I remember doing these when I was little, and I got the design of it all wrong. Corey laughed at me, but we had fun doing it. Jack mostly liked coloring with the markers while I cut out the feathers, and then he had fun sticking them on.



Jack never actually played with the bag-turkey and I couldn't blame him when Uncle Casey showed up with this:

That's right, a metal grinder. Way cooler than bag-turkey.

We watched one of our favorite Christmas movies with Casey... anyone else like ELF? Then Cal and Whit came and we enjoyed our FEAST :) I can't believe I didn't take a picture of us eating :( It was fun though. Jack was by far most excited about the mashed sweet potatoes. He kept telling everyone "Look! Sweet potatoes! My fork!" Then taking a big, yummy bite. After the feast we played games. Casey beat us all at UNO and then Cal and Whit stayed to play "25 Words or Less." Whiteheads VS. Burton/Lewis. The Whiteheads one :) Or as Cal said "The siblings formerly known as Whiteheads WIN!" Here's a cute pic of Cal and Whit with the boys.

All in all it was a lovely day. I was most Thankful for the time to spend with Family. Especially this guy.

Last but not least, Aly in his Turkey PJ's. Thanks Gram and Grampa Burton!
2 comments:
Your little family is so cute! I especially like the picture of Aly in his turkey jammies. That's one holiday we haven't thought to get jammies for before.....I'm probably going to have to copy that!
Very cute pics! You look gorgeous in all these pics! And your family is adorable!
Post a Comment