My History

Monday, February 4, 2008

A Hodge-Podge

I had a few things that I wanted to post tonight, and instead of doing it in separate posts I wanted to do one big hodge-podge. First I would like you all to see Jack doing "The Spiderweb Dance."

At night when I put Jack to bed I usually ask him if he wants me to sing him a song. 9 times out of 10 he requests "I am a Child of God," but sometimes he gets creative, and he'll look around the room and say "want... cieling fan song." or he'll think real hard and say "want... leafblower song." At which point we will usually make up some silly song about whatever he wants. Well one night he asked for the spiderweb song, and thanks to Gwen Stefani I had one. I just sang him the chorus (or what I could remember of it... please forgive my singing in the video) and he fell in love with it. Now whenever I sing it, no matter what he is doing, he will stop and break out in ... "The Spiderweb Dance." Enjoy...



By the way it was a saturday morning when we took this, and you will have to excuse the lack of pants. He really hates wearing them. When we get ready for the day now pants is a rule, but we had just gotten up, and we were having fun :)

Speaking of Jack's bedtime routine I took a picture tonight with him (in pajamas that he chose himself and insisted on wearing) and all of the things that it is now a ritual that he takes to bed with him. He cannot sleep unless he has the following items with him (and they are always arranged just as you see them in this picture): All 3 wands, 2 swords (they are sticking down the side of the bed- you can just see the hilts), a picture of Voldemort, and whatever thing he enjoyed playing with the most that day (today it was some tools that Cal and Whit gave him for Christmas, and sunglasses). Also I let him take a few books to read before he goes to bed.



It's quite full in there! So full, that if arragnged incorrectly, ie. wands too close to the middle of the bed forcing him to sleep on the very edge... we usually end up with Jack falling out of his bed in the night. When we first lay him down we make sure that they are off to the side, but then when we leave he sometimes will scoot them back to where he feels is safe (once a wand fell behind the bed... it was quite traumatic for the poor child).

Anyway I think it's really cute how he wants to have his most cherished posessions with him, and how he is so particular about how they are.



This is some bread that I have been making a lot of lately. Thank you to our Jewish friends for inventing Challah bread!!! I think it's so pretty, and it is SO yummy! Also Cindy sent me some cracked wheat from the Amish community store that she shops at (and sends me wonderful things from!) and we made a cracked wheat bread with it. It's Corey's new favorite, and I think it makes the best toast ever! I didn't take a picture of it, because it just looks like normal bread, but I wanted to mention it in case any of my cooking friends would like the recipe.



Last but CERTAINLY not least... a picture of Alaster. He was playing really cutely with this ball the other day, just laughing and laughing at it. Then for the first time he got mad at a toy that didn't do what he wanted... every time the ball rolled out of his reach he got quite upset.

4 comments:

coryshay said...

Okay, now I have to have your recipe for both kinds of breads... they sound yummy... and healthy. I thoroughly enjoyed the spiderweb dance, by the way and I can't wait to see you on friday!! I've gotten a lot bigger since I saw you last!

Cal and Whit said...

OK. I know I say this on every one, but I am in love with this post. What darling little boys, and I so love that he sleeps with those things, Cal and I just sat here and read it and laughed. Also, looks like he is in a big boy bed! Nice.

Cal and Whit said...

oh, I forgot to say to squeeze that Aly for me! He looks so darling with that soccer ball! What a cutie.

Matilda said...

Ashlee!!
It's Jenny from the ward. I got your link off Tasha's blog she never updates!! haha

Anyway...I wanted to ask you about Jack's bed. Is it one of those convertibles? Or did you just take the side off. We are trying to decide what to do with OUR Jack.

Thanks in advance! My email is at the top of my blog, if you wanna email me!!