My History

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentines Greeting from Jack



That was the best he did at trying to say "Happy Valentines Day!" We did this right after his bath and getting ready in the morning. The rest of the day he said "Valla-Hallens-Day!"

Today Jack, Alaster, and I went to Mommy and Me over at the ward. They read a Valentines Day story, decorated bags to put their valentines in, decorated yummy heart sugar cookies, and of course... exchanged valentines. It was good times. Jack THOUROGHLY enjoyed himself, which made me SO HAPPY! I just wanted him to have so much fun on Valentines Day with his friends, and I think he really did. There was much saying "Valla-Hallens-Day!" Here are some pictures of the event:









Corey called in this afternoon to work due to a crazy bad headache, but he felt well enough to go with us to Schmidts Bakery in sugar house where we got my favorite part of Valentines Day... Schmidts Valentine Sugar Cookies! Somehow I didn't get a picture... they weren't around for very long. It has been a tradition ever since we got married to go there on Valentines day, and this year we made it just in time to grab some of the very last ones!

Then after the bakery we went to Barnes and Noble. We never do get sick of that place, and Jack loves it as much as we do, so it's fun for the whole family!

Anyway we love you all very much and hope you had a "Halla-Vallens Day!"

3 comments:

coryshay said...

Very cute!!! It looks like a successful valentines day for you 4! I got your shower invitations today, and you did a great job with them, as you always do with everything!! Can't wait!

coryshay said...

Okay, this has nothing to do with Valentines day... but I have a comment for Corey.

I looooooooooved Tale of Two Cities. I finished it last night at 10:00 (which is, by the way, waaaaaay past my bedtime at this point!) and I wanted to tell you thanks for recommending it to me! After Great Expectations, I wasn't into trying Dickens out again and I'm so glad I did!

I totally agree with you, Sydney Carton is my new hero, and didn't you love the catfight between Miss Pross and Madame Defarge at the end?? I did... I was cheering for feisty Miss Pross and I was glad that Madame Defarge (no matter how much she was wronged) finally got her come-uppance!

Thanks, Corey!

Brooke said...

super cute! did you get my ballet comment?......